- 1 Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy (Junior Jetsetters) 
- 2 Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee
- 2.1 Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Process –
- 2.2 How to Book an Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor Reservation?
Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy (Junior Jetsetters) 
We all are aware of some circumstances in which parents must be thinking about their child traveling solo with an airline. They may get worried regarding the safety purposes of their child. However, Alaska Airlines offers unaccompanied minor services for children traveling alone, whether required or upon request. We warmly welcome child guests and feel glad escorting them to the final destination.
“Alaska Airlines unaccompanied policy is also known as “Junior Jetsetters” and specifically designed for Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor travelers.”
Junior Jetsetters will receive the following things while flying with Alaska Airlines.
- A wristband or lanyard so that our employees will be able to recognize your child as a Junior Jetsetter.
- Early boarding with a special safety from flight attendants so that they can comfortably travel with our airlines.
Age Required for Traveling in Alaska Airlines
The minimum age of your child should be 6 years to travel alone as a part of our Alaska airlines unaccompanied minors. Furthermore, we advise bringing your child’s age proof (like a birth certificate or passport) as it might be requested at the time of checking in at the airport.
Well, children of the age group (5-12 years) can travel in a junior jetsetter unaccompanied without a parent, legal guardian, or an adult. And, it is completely optional for adults, ages 13 to 17 years whether they want to travel with their parents or not. It is completely their choice to go with one of these options.
Instructions for Alaska Unaccompanied Minor Booking
For booking your child’s flight, you must visit the alaskaair.com website and select the total number of children traveling in the children’s field. And then, go through the following instructions while booking the ticket.
- The number of unaccompanied minors on each flight is limited to the concern for the security and safety purposes of children traveling alone.
- A solo traveler will not be allowed to book the last connecting flight of the day until there is no other option left.
- Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minors cannot book a flight that is late by 2 hours or more.
- If you are booking a flight for your child, directly call on our Alaska Airlines reservations instead of visiting alaskaair.com
Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee
Before knowing the fee structure for Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied minors, you should consider the following point.
If an adult aged 13 to 17 years has taken as an unaccompanied minor while connecting to another airliner, he can also use our Junior Jetsetter Service to travel on Alaska Airlines. However, you will be responsible for paying all applicable charges for both airlines.
Now, check out the following list to know the Alaska airlines unaccompanied minor fee.
|Ages||Unaccompanied minor services fees|
|5-7 Years||$50 each way|
|8-12 Years||$50 each way/ child (nonstop or direct)
$75 each way/ child (connecting flights)
|13-17 Years||$50 each way per child (nonstop or direct flights)
$75 each way/ child (connecting flights)
- Firstly, the departing time is between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Your child should be younger than 8 years for transferring or connecting the flight.
- You may go with the last connecting flight only when you don’t have any other option.
- Lastly, a Junior Jetsetters flights with connections of over 2 hours waiting time.
We believe that you have successfully got all the required info about Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy. In case, you are looking for further guidance, get in touch with our representatives 1 860 590 8822.
Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Process –
Are you willing to understand the Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor process? If yes, then go through the information mentioned below carefully:
Arriving at the Airport
Alaska Airlines recommends arriving at least 90 minutes before the scheduled flight departure for domestic flights and 120 minutes for international flights. After arriving at the airport, you need to contact the gate agent for the gate pass.
You also need to fill out the guardian Contact Form that you need to print out and show while taking your kids or minors. You need to ensure that your ID matches as listed in the guardian contact form.
Getting Through the Airport
After successfully filling out and paying the fee, you will receive a gate pass from Alaska Airlines that helps get minors from the gate. That gate pass also allows you to take your children to the gate for flight boarding.
Arriving at the Gate
If you are about to drop your minors at the airport and board an Alaska Airlines flight, you must arrive 40 minutes before the scheduled flight departure. Alaska Airlines recommends early arrival at the airport so your kids can access early boarding.
Also, you or your guardian or parents must be at the airport until the flight takes off.
During the Flight
During the Alaska Airlines flight, minors will expect to get the facilities like an entertainment tablet on Hawaii flights and coast-to-coast to coast. Also, for flights more than 2 hours, children will get a complimentary Main Cabin Meal.
How to Book an Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor Reservation?
If you are willing to book an Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Reservation, then there are two amazing methods that can help you in the best possible way:
Booking Unaccompanied Minor Flight Via Online Method,
- Firstly, you need to get through the official website of Alaska Airlines.
- Secondly, you have to enter your login credentials to sign into your account.
- Afterward, you need to type the name of the destination where you want to send your minors.
- Next, you have to select the “One-way” flight type.
- Afterward, you will find an option, “Is Your Child Travelling Alone?”
- Click on “Yes” and Continue.
- Now, you need to tap on the Children section and add the number of minors.
- Enter all the required information like name, phone number, and other details.
- You also have to submit the necessary documents to complete the unaccompanied minor flight booking.
- Lastly, you need to pay for the ticket to complete the reservation procedure.
Booking Unaccompanied Minor Flights on Call,
- Call Alaska Airlines reservations at 1-800-252-7522 or +1-860-590-8822 (TTY: Dial 711 for Relay Services) to start the Unaccompanied Minor Flight booking.
- Listen to the automated IVR instructions.
- Press the right key to change into your preferred language.
- Once you get connected with Alaska Airlines customer service, you need to share the complete information about your travel.
- You have to provide the details like name, address, contact details and the important documents for the minors’ booking.
- You need to pay for the tickets to confirm the minors’ flight booking.