- 1 American Airlines Seat Upgrade: Detailed Guide with Upgrade Cost
- 2 Types of American Airlines Seat Upgrade
- 2.1 Complimentary Seat Upgrade on American Airlines
- 2.2 How to Upgrade to First-class American Airlines After Purchase?
- 2.3 AA Seat Upgrade Cost
American Airlines Seat Upgrade: Detailed Guide with Upgrade Cost
Are you among the passengers who want American Airlines Seat Upgrade? If yes, you must know about the procedures to upgrade your seats on American Airlines. The procedures to upgrade your seats on American Airlines are very user-friendly.
Established on 15 April 1926, American Airlines is the prime airline company of the United States of America. With a fleet size of 917 aircraft, it provides high-end airline facilities to passengers from 350 destinations.
You need to be with this blog till the end to learn the complete concept of seat upgrades on American Airlines. Go to the below-mentioned topics and find the required information related to the AA seat upgrade.
Types of American Airlines Seat Upgrade
Before learning about the ultimate procedures for American Airlines Seat Upgrades, let’s get into the types of seat upgrades on American Airlines. Below are the points that you need to keep in mind:
Complimentary Seat Upgrade on American Airlines
You can upgrade your seats via the AA complimentary facility. If you have a loyalty program membership, then it will help you with complimentary seat upgrades. American Airlines also provides seat upgrades for flights less than 500 miles, but this facility only applies to AAdvantage elite members.
ConciergeKey is of the utmost status to any passengers of American Airlines. Also, if you have the executive platinum plus membership, you will receive priority over all facilities over the elite members.
Suppose you have a membership of Executive Platinum from American Airlines. In that case, you will get four Systemwide Upgrade Certificates, and along with that, you will also get two SWUs for 50,000 miles to 200,000 miles annually.
The executive platinum members of American Airlines will also get complimentary upgrades for flights within the United States (which includes Hawaii), Bermuda, the Bahamas, between the United States and Canada, Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
American Airlines Platinum Pro members can upgrade their seats via a complimentary upgrade facility within the United States of America (which includes Hawaii), Bermuda, the Bahamas, between the United States and Canada, Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Platinum and Gold
If you have the American Airlines Platinum and Gold membership, you can easily upgrade your seats on your AA flight of fewer than 500 miles. Also, these upgrades are known as 500-mile upgrades. With this membership, passengers can additionally purchase 500-mile upgrades. The members of this program will earn 4500 miles by flying every 12,500 EQMs annually.
The systemwide upgrades are only applicable for the Executive Platinum Elite members, and they can earn it annually. The members can use these seat upgrades globally on any American Airlines flight. Passengers are eligible to upgrade their seats on 3 American Airlines flights from economy travel class to business travel class and business travel class to first travel class.
Upgrade with Miles
Passengers can also use the American Airlines frequent flyer miles to upgrade their seats. There are three different segments for the seat upgrade on outbound or return flight journeys. If you have discounted American Airlines flight tickets, you will also be eligible to upgrade your seats.
But you can’t upgrade on reward tickets and basic economy tickets via miles. Also, the number of miles required to upgrade your seats on American Airlines depends on the destinations, travel class, and routes. With miles, you can also upgrade your seats on partnered airlines. But, the miles required to upgrade on a partner airline will differ.
If you are an elite member and you have a companion traveling along with you, then the companion passenger will also get the same facilities of a seat upgrade. You can request a seat upgrade for your companion also. For this upgrade, your companion doesn’t need AAdvantage program membership. Also, you can do companion upgrades on both awards and paid tickets.
How to Upgrade to First-class American Airlines After Purchase?
Do you wish to know the easy procedures for American airlines to upgrade to first class after purchase? If yes, then you need to look at the information added below carefully:
Seat Upgrade Via Online Method,
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of American Airlines.
- Secondly, you have to log into your account.
- Afterward, you should select the “My Trips” option.
- You must enter your first and last name and ticket information here.
- Next, you have to press the “Search” icon.
- When your booking finally appears on your screen, you need to open it and look for the “Upgrade” icon.
- Tap the “Upgrade” icon and start the “Seat Upgrade.”
- After that, you have to choose the “Class Type” to upgrade your seat.
- Now, you must select how to upgrade your seats on American Airlines.
- Next, you will see a list appear on your screen that includes the fare upgrade fee.
- You should choose the payment method and pay for the seat upgrade here.
- Lastly, you will get a new American Airlines ticket.
Seat Upgrade Via Call,
- Firstly, dial American Airlines’ phone number 1-800-433-7300 or +1-860-590-8822 and connect with its customer service live representative for a seat upgrade.
- Secondly, you should follow the IVR option and tap on the right key.
- This will lead you to connect with American Airlines’ customer service.
- Afterward, you have to share your ticket details with the representative and request a seat upgrade.
- Provide the correct details for your seat preference for the upgrade.
- To complete the process, you need to choose the payment mode and pay for the seat upgrade.
- You can also use this same method for American Airlines to upgrade seats after purchase.
Seat Upgrade At Airport,
- Passengers of American Airlines can also upgrade their seats at the airport.
- You need to visit the airport and go to the ticket counter.
- You must share your ticket information and request a seat upgrade here.
- If you are eligible to upgrade your seat, you will easily upgrade your seat.
- Availability of seats based on your preference is also important for seat upgrades on American Airlines.
- You need to complete the payment to confirm the AA seat upgrade.
AA Seat Upgrade Cost
If you are here to know about the American Airlines Seat Upgrade Cost, then you are in the right place.
- The seat upgrade cost on American Airlines depends on travel routes and destinations.
- But you can purchase a 500-mile upgrade for USD 40. Below is the information which can help you in the best possible way:
See More Related Post Link
- American Airlines Refund Policy
- Does American Airlines Give a Student Discount?
- American Airlines Changing Flight
- How do I Get American Airlines Travel Credits?
- What is American Airlines Group Travel?
- How to Select Seats on American Airlines
- How Do I Talk to American Airlines Customer Service?
- American Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines
- American Airlines Reschedule Flight
- How to Make American Airlines Reservations?
- American Airlines Name Change Policy
- Can I Rebook my American Airlines Flight?
- American Airlines Pet Policy
- How do I Contact American Airlines Travel Agents?
- American Airlines Flight Delay Compensation