- 1 Delta Unaccompanied Minor Program
- 1.1 How to Book & Fly Unaccompanied Minors on Delta Air Lines?
- 1.2 Delta Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- 1.3 Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee
- 1.4 Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program :
- 1.5 Terms and Conditions
- 1.6 Delta Unaccompanied Minors Age at the Time of Travel
- 1.7 Important Information about Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Rules
- 1.8 Delta Unaccompanied Minors Takeoff and Boarding
- 1.9 How to Add Infant-in-Arms to My Delta Ticket?
- 1.10 Children Travelling Alone : Delta Unaccompanied Minors
Delta Unaccompanied Minor Program
Letting your minors fly alone to a new state is troublesome, but Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor program can help you. Flying with Delta Air Lines alone is absolutely safe for your kids. Once you opt into this program, Delta will assure you of the safety of your kids.
Suppose you are willing to get the complete information about the Unaccompanied Minor Program, Policy and Fees of Delta Air Lines. In that case, you should look at the details described below carefully. You will find all the needed information to let your minors safely fly alone in Delta.
How to Book & Fly Unaccompanied Minors on Delta Air Lines?
If you are seeking to Book and Fly Unaccompanied Minors on Delta Air Lines, there are three different ways to help you in the best possible ways. Go through the methods mentioned below:
Booking Unaccompanied Minor Flights Online Delta
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Delta Airlines.
- Secondly, you have to type in your login credentials to sign into your account.
- After that, you need to enter the name of your preferred destination.
- Afterwards, you have to fill in the passenger’s information like name, age, phone number etc.
- You must also submit the required documents for infants or minors to complete the unaccompanied minor booking on Delta Air Lines.
- Lastly, you have to pay minor ticket fees.
Delta Air Lines Unaccompanied Minor Flight Booking Via Phone
- Firstly, to book an unaccompanied minor flight, contact Delta Reservations Help Desk at 800-325-8847 or +1-860-590-8822 and get assured about your travel and documents.
- Secondly, after you dial the 800-325-8847 Delta Unaccompanied Minor Reservations Number, you will listen to the automated IVR voice commands.
- Afterward, press the ideal key to connect with a Delta customer service representative.
- Next, you must provide all the details related to the minors to start the booking procedure.
- Now, you need to provide the required documents to the Delta Agent.
- Lastly, choose your payment preference and pay for the minor ticket.
Unaccompanied Minor Delta Flight Booking at the Airport
- Firstly, visit the nearest airport.
- Secondly, go to the “Reservations Help Desk.”
- Here, you need to raise a request for the minors’ flight booking.
- Afterwards, you have to provide all the required information to the available agent.
- After that, submit the necessary documents for the children.
- Lastly, pay via your credit or debit card to complete the booking procedure.
Delta Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Delta Unaccompanied Minor Policy offers terms and conditions that can help book and fly minors to their desired destinations. Below are the points that you need to keep in mind:
- Children of 4 years or below must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years.
- Secondly, if children are between 5 to 7 years, they can fly on some non-stop flights.
- Afterward, children between 8 to 14 years old can fly on connecting and non-stop Delta flights.
- Lastly, minors between 15 and 17 years can fly on connection and non-stop Delta flights.
Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee
According to the Unaccompanied Minor Policy of Delta Airlines, it needs a fee of USD 150 per way for the minors to fly to their desired destination. Also, the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee will be applied to both connecting and non-stop within and outside the United States of America, in addition to the Delta ticket cost.
|Age Group||Restriction||Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee|
|4 years and younger||Not Permitted||Not applicable|
|5 – 7 years||Permitted on direct flights only||150 each way up to 4 children|
|8 – 14 years||Permitted on all flights||150 each way up to 4 children|
|15 – 17 years||Permitted on all flights||150 each way up to 4 children|
Delta Air Lines Unaccompanied Minor Program needs a fee of 150 USD/CAD/EUR for each way. CAD and EUR were used for the Delta flight departing Canada and Europe. Also, the fee mentioned above is for flights within the U.S. and internationally on connecting and nonstop flights, including all adult tickets.
- Delta’s USD 150 unaccompanied minor fee is for kids of 5-14 and 15-17-year-olds, but only when their parents choose the unaccompanied minor program.
- This fee includes up to 4 minors, like siblings who are travelling with each other.
- You can pay the fee for one-way or round-trip during check-in or in advance by calling Delta Customer Service at 800-325-8847
Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program :
Terms and Conditions
There are also terms and conditions of Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program that you need to know. It will help you with easy minor flight booking and travel. Look at the points added below:
- Delta Unaccompanied Minors should be booked on an adult fare.
- Minors can travel only in Delta and Delta connection.
- Minors can travel only in Delta and Delta connection.
- Minors are allowed to connect with other Delta Connection, Air France, Delta, and KLM flights.
- Unaccompanied minors are allowed to travel on the last connecting Delta flight of the day.
- Minors are also not allowed to travel on Red Eye Flights (Red Eyes Flights between 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM). Below are the expectations that need to be qualified if connecting flight is not available at the airport:
- International Delta flights
- Delta Domestic short-haul flights, like 2 hours or less and nonstop.
- Delta Flights from/to Hawaii and Alaska.
- It should be with one connection and must be the last flight of the day.
Delta Unaccompanied Minors Age at the Time of Travel
When booking Delta Unaccompanied Minors flight tickets, you need to keep in mind about the age at the time of travel. Below is the list which will offer you complete information:
|AGE GROUP||TICKET & FEES WITHIN THE U.S.||TICKET & FEES OUTSIDE THE U.S.||TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS|
|<2 YEARS OLD, ON AN ADULT’S LAP||Ticket Required||Ticket required, usually at 10% of adult fare. Fees are country-specific||Should not travel alone, must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age|
|<2 YEARS OLD, IN THEIR OWN SEAT||Ticket Required||Ticket required, country-specific discounts may apply||Should not travel alone, must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age|
|2-4||Ticket Required||Ticket required, country-specific discounts may apply||Should not travel alone, must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age|
|5-14||Ticket Required||Ticket required, country-specific discounts may apply||Can travel alone on non-stop Delta flights by using Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program|
|15+||Ticket Required||Ticket required, country-specific discounts may apply||Allowed to travel alone|
Important Information about Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Rules
If you have a kid who is travelling alone as an Unaccompanied Minor, then it is mandatory that an adult of at least 18 years old. Here, you will find all the information that you need:
Getting ready to Travel
It will be a better choice to have a small chat with your kids, and recommend them to talk to the Delta representatives only. When packing their stuff, you should bring the following:
- Books, Snacks, Games or other entertainment things.
- A small and single carry-on backpack.
- For the larger items, go with the checked baggage that the adults who accompany your kids will carry during the flight.
- Contact information or an ID card stuck to your kids’ carry-on bag or clothes.
Required Documents for Delta Unaccompanied Minor Check-in
You should also look at the required documents for check-in. For minors, complete document verifications are mandatory. Also, when you arrive at the airport with your kids, you should immediately contact Delta Airlines Customer Service Agent to inform them about the drop-off and pick-up. At that time, you will get wristbands for your kids that they can wear in-flight. Apart from that, below is the list of documents that you need to know:
- Identity Card with Photo (Passport, License, etc.)
- Permanent Address (Listed in your ID).
- Phone Number.
- Personal Details like Name, Address, and Contact Number of the adult who is going to pick up at the destination.
Delta Unaccompanied Minors Takeoff and Boarding
An adult, parent, or guardian must take the minors to the departure gate and wait until the flight takes off.
Also, if the minors’ flight connects through another city, Delta ground staff or employees from the business partner will assist them.
- Delta Air Lines recommends that kids must be seated in the rear seat of the flight for their safety.
- For any queries or concerns, connect with Delta Air Lines Customer Service at 800-325-8847 (U.S./Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands/Canada/Guam).
Delta Airlines Sky Zone
Delta Airlines offers Sky Zone to minors who have a connecting flight through Salt Lake City, Seattle, Detroit, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, New York (JFK), Los Angeles, or Memphis. Moreover, these are the kids-only areas that provide entertainment zones to minors.
While flying through the Delta connecting flights, kids can use phones to call their parents or guardians and also enjoy other activities like books, video games, and toys. Also, the airline staff can help minors to be comfortable and enjoy their waiting time.
Delta Air Lines Unaccompanied Minor Pick-Up
During the time of pick-up, you must offer a valid ID or documents before meeting the minor. Delta will not hand off the kids to any other person except the name which is provided. Also, the parents must visit the airport two hours before the scheduled flight arrives to get the gate pass.
- If the person who will pick up the minors from the destination changes for any reason, then the person or adult needs to call Delta Customer Service at 800-325-8847 or +1-860-590-8822 and share the new details.
- At the time of flight arrival, when there is some other person to pick up, the minors then Delta Airlines Agent will contact the original adult and verify the identification.
- Then only Delta will release the children with the new person.
- Moreover, the person who is going to pick up minors from the airport needs to have a gate pass.
- During drop-off, adults must stay at the gate until the flight takes off.
How to Add Infant-in-Arms to My Delta Ticket?
If you are among the passengers looking to travel with their kids under 2 years old, you can fly with the kids on their lap (Infant-in-Arms). Moreover, it is free for all flights in the United States of America. Also, are you willing to know the answers to How to Add Infant-in-Arms to My Delta Ticket? Then you need to look at the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to visit Delta Air Lines’ official website.
- Secondly, go to the “My Trips” page.
- Visit the “Special Service Requests” page and then tap on “Open”, which you will find under the Infant in Arms option.
- Tap on the “+” button that is placed next to “Request Infant in Arms” for the Delta flight(s) the infants or minors will be on.
- Lastly, you must fill in all the details and tap on the “Confirm” icon.
Children Travelling Alone : Delta Unaccompanied Minors
Delta Airlines is 100% committed to offering complete safe travel to minors. Kids (passengers) who take Delta Unaccompanied Minor Program will get special treatment while flying to their dream destination. Moreover, up to 4 children aged 5 to 14 need to pay a $150 fee each way. Yet, minors who are under the age group of 15 to 17 can use the unaccompanied minor program as per the guardian or parent’s request.
- Firstly, kids who use unaccompanied minor services will receive wristbands that help in tracking their journey.
- Secondly, guardians or parents can take their unaccompanied minors to the departure gate.
- Lastly, minors will get access to the Delta SkyZone, where they will get video games, snacks and a secure area to enjoy their waiting time.