Eva Air Cancellation Policy
Have you made a booking with Eva Air & now want to cancel it? Are you struggling in understanding the process and Eva Air Cancellation Policy? Do you also need someone to take you through every detail that is important to avoid any unnecessary loss?
Well, if this is the case, then you have landed on the perfect page.
Eva Air is an airline that came into existence in the late 1980s. It is based and headquartered in Taiwan, and all its major operations take place there. Eva has been known to purvey safe, comfortable, and cheap flight journeys with excellent customer service.
Along with the ease in making bookings with the airline, it also ensures a smooth flight booking cancellation whenever needed. The airline has a cancellation and refund policy too that states under what conditions can a person without his existing Eva Bookings. Let’s put a sight upon that.
Eva Air Cancellation Policy
Similar to every airline, Eva Air also likes to operate with complete transparency and guidelines. To make sure that there are no issues and misunderstandings at the time of flight bookings, the airline has a frameset of rules.
This is what the cancellation policy states:
- 24-hour free cancellation
The airline lets people cancel a reservation that is booked directly from the airline within the same day of purchase for free. Eva does not charge any cancellation fees on advance bookings.
- Flight delay and cancellation
If the airline delays or cancels a flight, then a passenger can ask for compensation. This might happen because of bad weather conditions, mechanical issues, or medical emergencies. A traveler can then ask the airline to put him on the next flight to his destination for free.
- Cancellation Fees
If you fail to withdraw the booking within the risk-free period, you will have to pay the penalty for the termination of the booking. The fee can lie around USD 50 for domestic and USD 100 for international flights.
- Eva Air Refund
After deducting the penalty from the existing flight fare, the airline will credit the money back. Eva Air takes 3-7 business days to refund the balance.
If you do not receive the refund on time, you need to check for the current status immediately.
How to Cancel Eva Air Booking Online?
One can cancel Eva bookings online as well as offline. The most convenient and fastest way to do so is directly from the official website of the airline.
If you are new to the process, here is a how to cancel step-by-step guide for you:
- To initiate the process, head to the homepage of the official website of Eva Air.
- On the menu bar, you will see a “Manage” option.
- Under that section, you will find many options. Click on “Cancel Booking” and wait for the next page to open up.
- Here, you will have to enter your booking reference number with your last and first name.
- Now, click on the login button and continue to the subsequent page.
- Your booking details will appear on your screen. Here, look for the cancel button and click on that.
- The airline will pop up a confirmation alert, hit confirm, and the airline will start the process.
- Once done, you will receive a mail confirming your cancellation and the refund amount you will receive from the airline (if you have applied for your money back).
If you want any assistance in getting your Eva Air cancelation done, you can always get in touch with our customer services team, and we will be happy to help you through the entire process.
What is EVA Refund Policy?
Suppose you want to understand more about requesting a refund on EVA Airlines. The airline will provide a refund to the person whose name appears on the ticket or who paid for it. However, the airline will need the availability of adequate documentation proof, according to the EVA refund policy.
However, you need to cancel a flight ticket at least 24 hours before departure and prepare to submit an EVA refund request to get a refund at a certain time.
In that case, you can read below as we have listed all the information related to Eva’s refund policy, steps to refund tickets, and flight change.
How can I obtain a Refund from EVA Airlines?
If you booked your ticket through a travel agent, get in touch with them to arrange a refund. If you purchased your ticket through the EVA AIR website.
Please follow the below steps to refund tickets or contact a live person at the EVA Airlines customer service department.
- Firstly, go to the booking page, click the log-in option, and provide a unique user ID and password.
- Select the Manage Booking tab, enter the passenger’s reservation number and last name before selecting the flight.
- It is critical to choose the canceled flight so that you may choose the refund request option from the drop-down menu.
- You can check the cancellation details and, at the conclusion, click on the EVA Airlines refund status.
How to Calculate the Refund Value?
The refund value of a refundable ticket is the difference between the relevant fare and the fare paid of the flown segment, less the refund surcharge. The system will calculate the fare for the trip based on the fare in effect at the time of travel.
How long would it take to get the refund of my EVA Airlines ticket?
If you buy tickets through the EVA AIR website and a refund is due, we will process and issue the refund:
- within twenty (20) days after receiving a full refund request for check and cash payments or;
- within seven (7) days for credit card payments, including costs for unused extra services due to an overall or cancellation.
Refunds of Eva air tickets due to Flight change/ cancelation
Involuntary refund conditions, which do not include a return service charge, may apply to ticket refunds and related ancillary services. The Booking Service Charge (BSC) is non-refundable for partially used tickets. The new BSC may only be refunded if the key is wholly unused or solely comprises BSC imposed on a flight-coupon basis.