- 1 KLM Airlines Refund Policy
- 1.1 Flight Delayed or Cancelled by KLM
- 1.2 Flight Cancelled by Passengers
- 1.3 How do I request a Refund from KLM Airlines?
- 1.4 What are KLM Refundable Amenities?
- 1.5 How to Check the Status of KLM Refund?
- 1.6 How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund From KLM?
- 1.7 How do I Get my Money Back from KLM Airlines?
- 1.8 Can I Get a Cash Refund From KLM?
Sudden change in plan due to some emergency? You must have changed your mind about your scheduled KLM flight. Cancel your flight and request a refund for your ticket. Let us clarify KLM Airlines refund policy, including eligibility requirements and the steps to take when requesting a refund.
KLM Airlines Refund Policy
First thought of passengers cancelling their flight is, ‘Am I eligible for a KLM refund?’. However, if this is the case with you, then let’s find the answer to your question and check your eligibility with respect to following guidelines of KLM refund policy.
Flight Delayed or Cancelled by KLM
- Firstly, in the event of flight cancellation or excessive delay, you will be assigned an alternate flight.
- Secondly, you are qualify for a full refund if you are denied boarding on an alternate flight.
- Thirdly, if your KLM outbound flight was within Europe and got delayed by 90 minutes & the return flight was booked for same day.
- Moreover, Passenger missed your flight due to last hour changes in your flight departure schedule.
- Likewise, if you chose not to travel to your arrival destination as your KLM connecting flight got delayed by 5 hours or more.
- Furthermore, apply for a fare diffrence return if you book a KLM Premium Comfort Class or KLM Business Class seat but traveling in a lower class due to unavailability of your fare type seat.
- Similarly, if the upgrade happens at the last minute, you will get the amount paid back.
- Lastly, if your flight is canceled, you qualify for a refund of amenities like extra legroom and baggage charges added to your canceled journey.
Flight Cancelled by Passengers
- First, you are eligible for a complete refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. However, the booking fee won’t be refunded.
- Second, check your ticket type to confirm the eligibility for a refund of your itinerary.
- Third, fees for booking, payment surcharges, and reissue (if applicable) are nonrefundable.
- Then, KLM Standard or Economy tickets are nonrefundable.
- Further, you can get a refund for Flex tickets, but a cost may be deducted, or cancellation charges applied depending on the type of KLM flight ticket.
- Additionally, Business class fares are refundable in any circumstances. Still, checking the eligibility on your booking confirmation message is better.
- Although, regardless of your reservation type, it is always advisable to inquire about the possibility of a KLM refund by filling out the refund request form.
- Also, in unexpected emergencies, refunds may be available if supported by valid proof.
- However, when KLM refuses to provide a refund, your canceled flight gets substituted by a Travel voucher valid for 1 year from the time of KLM flight cancellation.
- Moreover, you are eligible for a refund for your unused extras option that was paired along with your seat reservations at KLM.
- Likewise, you can get a refund for extra amenities paired with your assigned seats.
- At last, you can also directly opt for the Request a refund option by visiting https://www.klm.com refund.
How do I request a Refund from KLM Airlines?
Follow the steps below to request a refund from KLM airlines:
Through Website request refund form:
- First, visit the official website of KLM airlines.
- Second, login to your account with the help of required details.
- Third, select the flight that you want to cancel.
- Now, cancel the flight and click on request for a refund option.
- Then, fill the details in allotted blank space.
- Last, press on confirm.
Via Phone Call:
Want to seek better assistance through phone call? Opt for the options below:
- At first, dial the KLM toll free number 1 (800) 618-0104.
- Secondly, observe the IVR instructions carefully.
- Then, click on the IVR option suitable as per your concern.
- Further, your call will get connected to a KLM airlines live representative.
- Now, you can share your concern to the airline’s expert on call.
- Then, provide all the necessary details of your flights.
- Lastly, You will get a confirmation mail if you qualify for KLM refund.
What are KLM Refundable Amenities?
On cancelling a flight, whether cancelled by airlines or passengers, the unused paired features purchased by passengers are eligible for refunds. Following are the categories of amenities that can be refunded as per KLM refund policy.
|2. Extra comfort seats of Economy class||
|3. Extra baggage||
|4. À la carte meals||
|5. KLM Crown Lounge 25 access||
|6. Inflight WiFi||
How to Check the Status of KLM Refund?
After your refund request approves, you will get notified on your registered email id. Although, you will be provided with a link to check your KLM refund status, you can also check the same on the KLM mobile app and over the website. Check refund status on https://www.klm.com/refund. Once you submit your require details, you will be navigate to your approved refund status of KLM.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund From KLM?
It takes 7- 10 working days for KLM to proceed refunds once approved. It’s important to note that KLM refunds passengers in the original form of payment made to purchase.
How do I Get my Money Back from KLM Airlines?
Cancel your bookings and request for a refund by visiting the website of KLM airlines and logging into your account. You can also seek assistance by contacting the airlines at 800-618-0104.
Can I Get a Cash Refund From KLM?
Yes! If you had purchased your flight bookings through complete cash at the airport kiosk, you will receive the cash refund. Go to the airport and get your payment back.
How do I Contact KLM for Refund?
There are different ways to contact KLM for refund like;
- KLM contact number at 800-618-0104
- Live Chat on KLM website
- KLM social media
- E-mail address of KLM
- Complaint form of KLM airlines
On The Whole:-
The above writeup is a concise description to answer your question, “How do I claim a refund from KLM?” If you still have some queries, do contact on 1-860-364-8556 for an effective understanding of your query.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
To claim full reimbursement of your delayed baggage at KLM, it’s mandatory to inform the airlines, either via call or KLM Refund request form (https://www.klm.com/refund) of KLM, within 21 days of delivery of your luggage.
Yes! If your KLM flight got cancel or delays or baggage is at delay/damage, then you qualify for compensation or refund . View your options associated with your KLM fare type.
Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no. One cannot use the online refund system if KLM flight bookings by a travel agent. It’s advise to contact the travel agent at first, as they will assist you better to arrange your refund.
File a claim for your loss by filling out KLM’s refund request form and for assistance on the same consider calling KLM customer commitment number at 800-618-0104, M-F 9:00am-5:00pm ET.
Contact KLM Reservations Sales at 800-618-0104 and let the assigned representative know that you would like to request a claim against your loss.
Yes! KLM do issue refunds but only in possible scenarios. Do refer to the guidelines provided in this blog for a better understanding or call KLM directly via the customer service number.
Absolutely! But, remember to cancel your flight within 24 hours of your KLM flight bookings. This will retain the value of your flight tickets and make you eligible for complete refund.