How do I Get my Delta Refund instead of eCredit?
In existence since 1925, Delta Airlines is an airline working in 325 destinations globally. It is a legacy carrier of the US and has been working for the people since the beginning.
Delta understands that people might have to cancel a pre-booked flight due to some uncertain circumstance. This is why the airline offers flight change and cancel options to its passengers. They even provide them with Delta Airlines ecredits and flight change service for free.
This blog discusses everything you need to know about flight cancellation, ecredits, and their cancellation fee. Read the blog till the end to learn everything you need before canceling a flight again with Delta.
Flight Cancellation with Delta
The first thing you need to know is how you can cancel with Delta Airlines. Follow the below-mentioned steps to cancel Delta booking online.
- Firstly, open the official website of Delta on your browser and log into your airline account.
- If you do not have an account, then sign up for a better experience.
- Next, head to the “Manage Trips” option from the menu bar of the website.
- Next, enter the details of your bookings, such as your last name and the confirmation code of your booking.
- Hit the search button, and your light detail will appear on your screen.
- Now, go to options and click on cancel flight. The airline will ask you to confirm the cancellation.
- Once you confirm the process, you will be headed to the payment page to pay the cancellation fee (if any).
- In case you are eligible to claim a refund, fill the refund form, and the airline will transfer the Delta ecredit to your airline account.
- You can use these ecredits for future bookings.
You can also take help from the customer service team of the airline to go ahead with the cancellation process.
Cancellation Policy of Delta
According to the cancellation policy of Delta airlines, the passenger gets Delta ecredits if they cancel a refundable ticket under certain circumstances. We have discussed all the possible situations you might face canceling a flight and Delta’s action the same.
- If the cancellation is made within 24-hours after you book a flight, then you can cancel it for free. However, it is notable that the ticket must have been bought seven or more days before the departure date of the flight.
- In case you are canceling a refundable Delta ticket, then you can claim for the ecredit Delta provides to its passengers as a refund. These can be used for a future booking with the airline.
- Canceling a non-refundable ticket will cost you an additional cancelation fee that varies on the fare type and other factors.
- You can claim a refund of a basic economy ticket only within the grace period of 24 hours. Claiming a refund after 24 hours of cancelation will not be considered by the airline.
- If you have purchased a flight ticket with miles, the airline credits the miles back to your account, and you can redeem them for later bookings.
Remember these policy clauses the next time you cancel a Delta flight to save yourself from paying any additional fee and get Delta ecredit.
Delta redeem ecredit
When you cancel a non-refundable ticket with Delta, they transfer the amount after deducting the cancelation fee to your airline account in the form of ecredits. You can redeem Delta ecredits on any of your future bookings.
Remember to choose ecredits the next time you are booking a flight online on the payment page. The account score will appear on your screen, and you book Delta flight with ecredit. Make sure that you redeem ecredits Delta had transferred to your account before they expire.
Get a refund Instead of Ecredits
If you do not want delta ecredits when you cancel their flight, make sure that you book refundable delta flights. Although refundable tickets cost a little more than refundable tickets, they are beneficial at the time of cancellation. You save the cancellation fee and get the refund in the original form of payment instead of ecredits.
Even though passengers can use ecredits to book delta tickets, they usually expire in a year and have to be used before that. Otherwise, the airline forfeits them.
See More Related Post Below
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- How to Change Delta Flight Tickets?
- How do I Get my Delta Refund instead of eCredit?
- Delta Airlines Pet Policy
- How do I Speak to a Delta Representative?
- Does Delta Airlines Have a Live Chat?
- How Do I Get in Touch with Delta Vacations?