What happens if you miss your flight JetBlue?
Missing a flight is something everyone must have experienced at least once in his life. It can be due to an emergency or because you are running late. That is why JetBlue has found the right solution to that for the benefit of its passengers. It has a JetBlue Missed Flight Policy that lets people find alternatives in case of a missed flight.
JetBlue Airlines is a low-cost American air carrier that operates in more than 100 locations globally. The airline is known to ensure that its passengers have all possible flight-related services at their fingertips. JetBlue has also found a solution for when its passenger misses a flight.
Operating majorly for its headquarters in New York, the airline let its flyers save themselves from a huge loss; let’s take a look how!
JetBlue No Show & Missed Flight Policy
The airline operates for the benefit of its passengers. Providing special attention to a missed flight booking majorly benefits the passengers. But to ensure that the airline also does not have to face unnecessary loss, it has a policy for a JetBlue Airlines missed flight that states the terms and conditions applicable on each such case.
Let’s go through the policy in detail!
- If a person misses his flight, the airline does not forfeit the fare. Instead, it transfers it to their travel bank in the form of credits.
- In case a person makes a request or a flight change before his flight departs, he will be charged with an additional charge of $50.
- If you do not request another flight before departure time and miss the flight, you can change the flight by paying the penalty between $75-$150.
- The airline also has a different concept[ “No-Show Policy.” This is applicable when a passenger fails to inform the airline in advance that he will miss the flight.
- In case of no show, the airline puts its passengers on standby for another flight on the same day. This service charges extra money.
- A booking made under same-day no-show costs between $75-$150.
- If the passenger misses a flight and is not eligible for a refund, he can still claim the amount he paid for taxes.
You can use the credits for any future JetBlue booking. You can also make a partial booking if you don’t have enough credit points in your travel bank.
JetBlue Airlines Missed Flight Fee
JetBlue Airlines Missed Flight service is a charged facility that the airline offers to its passengers as a chance to save themselves from a heavy loss. The charges usually vary between $75-$150. It may vary depending on the flight fare and other booking details.
Rebook JetBlue Airlines Missed Flight
After you receive the credits from the airline in your JetBlue Travel Bank, you can use them to make a future JetBlue Airlines booking. To rebook your flight, go along the steps jotted down below.
- Head to the official website of JetBlue and click on the book a flight tab.
- There, enter the required information. You will need your travel dates, arrival and departure location, and the number of passengers you book the flight for.
- Hit the search flight button, and all the available flights will appear before you. Select the one you want to book and continue.
- Now, on the next page, you can purchase baggage space and a seat for your preference for your booking. These are optional and chargeable services that the airline offers to its passengers.
- Finally, head to the payment page and pay for your purchases. Here, instead of making the payment with cash/card, select credits from your travel bank and redeem them.
- The airline will send you a booking confirmation mail once it processes the payment.
Make sure you use the credits before they expire. Otherwise, they will go in vain and will be of no further use. JetBlue credits usually have an expiration date of a year.
JetBlue Standby Priority List
When the airline puts its no-show passengers on a standby list for the next available flight, if there are available seats on the flight, the airline assigns them to the people from the list. However, JetBlue can’t just randomly distribute these very limited seats. Therefore, it has a priority list based on the fare type and frequent flyer status of a passenger.
Let’s see how you can get off the standby list first!
- If you are a member of TrueBlue, there is a higher possibility of you getting off the list. If you haven’t signed in with this service, do it! This comes with many other benefits.
- If the flight you booked was of a high fare type, you would get the available seat before others.
- Try to reach the airport as early as possible and register yourself on the standby list. The airline also takes notice of the first-come-first-serve basis once the priority members are severed.
If you are lucky enough, you will hop on another flight to your destination and save any unnecessary loss. In case you need any more information about the JetBlue Airlines Missed flight, you can get in touch with our customer services at 1 860 590 8822 or 1 (800) 538-2583, and we will help you.