JetBlue Flight Name Change/Correction Policy
Established in 1998, JetBlue commenced its operations in 2000. Today, the airline operates in over 104 national and international locations. JetBlue flies millions of passengers every month to their destinations. It puts special focus on its target audience and understands their needs. This is why along with many facilities, there exists a JetBlue name change service.
Anyone can make a mistake in entering their names. It could be a spelling error, or you might have to change their surname. The airline understands that and therefore provides people with an opportunity to rectify these errors.
This service is available on the website of the airline and also be availed of under the assistance of the airline’s customer service team. However, the airline does have some terms that it applies to name change. These are mentioned under the name change policy. Read this post further to know details about this service of JetBlue.
What is JetBlue Name Change?
Whenever someone makes a mistake in entering their name while making a booking with JetBlue, the airline ensures that they get a chance to correct that error. This opportunity is known as the JetBlue name change. Here, you can put in the right name on a pre-booked flight ticket.
This facility is a charged service, but it is better to rectify the flaw than to cancel the booking and start from scratch. You can make this correction by yourself from the official site of JetBlue Airlines.
How to Change The Name on a JetBlue Ticket?
JetBlue Airlines has always kept its passengers at the top of its priority list. It is known to proffer every possible flight-related service available to its passengers at their fingertips to ensure the best possible travel plan. This is why the airline offers JetBlue change name on a ticket.
Let’s see how you can travel with a ticket with your right name on it.
- Open the official site of JetBlue Airline on your browser.
- Now, on the menu bar of the homepage, look for my trips options.
- In the given space, fill in your booking details. This will require your booking reference code and the name you entered. Check your mails to find the booking reference code that the airline must have mailed you after your booking was confirmed.
- Click the find bookings button, and your flight booking will appear on your screen.
- Now in the opinions, book to make changes options and go to the name change one.
- Here, enter the name you entered and the name you want to change it with. You can not change the entire first name. The airline lets you change a few characters only.
- Confirm the necessary corrections, and the airline will send you a confirmation and a new e-ticket to your email address.
- Also, make sure you pay the charges applicable to this service to confirm the correction.
You can only change your last name completely in case of marriage or divorce, for which you will have to provide the airline with document proofs.
JetBlue Name Correction Policy
To make sure that there is no confusion between the customers and the airline, there exists JetBlue Name correction Policy. This policy is a frameset of all the terms and conditions that the airline applies on each name correction made with them.
Read ahead to know the policy in depth.
- With JetBlue, you can only change a single letter on your name. Any more errors to the name mean you will have to cancel the booking and make a new booking in your correct name. This is done to ensure that a person does not transfer a ticket to another person.
- Also, the airline only provides one chance to make the correction. You can not change the name over and over again on the same flight ticket.
- You are not allowed to change your flight fare or date while you are making a name change to your booking. If not possible, go for a new booking and cancel the existing one.
- In case you want to change the name completely, you will have to get in touch with the airline on its customer services contact number and talk to a live representative.
- If you get married or get a divorce in between the booking and departure date, you can change the surname on the booking. However, the airline needs document proof in either of the situations.
- After you are done with the corrections, the airline will issue a new ticket for you.
- To reissue the ticket, enter NAMECART in the Tour Code Box.
You can have a look at the original copy of the policy from the official website of the airline. You can also get answers to How to Change/Correct Name on JetBlue Ticket under the FAQs section.