Spirit Flight Delay Compensation
If you are someone who wants to receive Spirit Flight Delay Compensation, you have come to the right place. However, the airline is punctual enough to run the flight on the scheduled timings.
But, sometimes there might be a problem due to some technical issues. As a result, the passengers are eligible for compensation.
Moreover, Spirit airlines is one of the major airlines offering low-cost flight tickets to passengers. It flies to around 100 destinations all over the world. However, there are not many free amenities but there are some really good features such as the flight delay compensation that Spirit airlines provide.
Therefore, if you have any questions regarding the same, you can have answers for all of them from the sections below.
What can be done if a Spirit Airlines Flight is Delayed?
However, Spirit airlines managed to fly on the scheduled timings, but the delay might happen due to some unfavorable situations. Henceforth, to know what are your rights as the passengers of Spirit airlines in case of delayed flights, get information from the following points:
- Firstly, travelers must contact the airline over the call to get a confirmation for the delayed flights seeking a valid reason for it.
- Secondly, while requesting with the airlines, the travelers must keep their boarding passes and other important documents handy.
- Afterward, passengers must collect all the proof and evidence for the delayed flights. The explanation might include photos, expenses receipts, vouchers, Spirit airlines flight booking numbers, etc.
- Fourth, look at your eligibility for compensation for delayed flights with Spirit airlines. Use the flight delay compensation calculator for this.
- Moreover, as Spirit delayed flight compensation, you can ask for food and beverages. However, this applies only if the flight is 2 hours or more late.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Spirit Flight Delay Compensation?
Now, if you were to fly with Spirit airlines, but your flight has been delayed, and you want to know if Spirit compensates for delayed flights, then you are at the right place. Asa result of guidelines by the EU regulation (EC) No 261/2004, you can.
Now, with the help of underlying points, you will come to know if you can ask for compensation for the delayed flights:
- Firstly, the passengers can expect flight delay compensation from the airline only if they have confirmed flight booking with Spirit airlines.
- Secondly, if the airline fails to fly to your destination within 3 hours of the actual arrival timing of the flight, you will get the reimbursement.
- Afterward, if the Spirit airline informs about the flight cancellation when less than 14 days remain from the departure date, the passenger can get a Spirit airline refund.
- Moreover, if your flight is 3 hours or more late, you can call the Spirit airline customer service number for reimbursement.
How Much Does Spirit Airlines Compensate for Delayed Flights?
As per the EU regulation (EC) No 261/2004, you can get spirit airlines delayed flight compensation if you have arrived 3 hours or later to your destination.
Therefore, the underlying table will make you understand better what amount you can expect from the airline on delayed flights.
Note: All the amounts mentioned in the underlying table must count in Euro (€)
|Flight distance||Less than 2 hours delay||2 to 3 hours delay||3 to 4 hours delay||More than 4 hours delay||Never arrived|
|Flights with 1,500 km or less||125 Euro||Euro 250||250 Euro||Euro 250||250 Euro|
|Distance over 1,500 km for Internal EU flights||200 Euro||200 Euro||Euro 400||400 Euro||Euro 400|
|Distance from 1,500 km to 3,500 km for Non-internal EU flights||Euro 200||200 Euro||400 Euro||400 Euro||Euro 400|
|Distance over 3,500 km for Non-interal EU flights||Euro 300||300 Euro||Euro 300||600 Euro||Euro 600|
How Can I Make a Refund/Compensation Request from Spirit Airlines?
In conclusion, dial the Spirit airlines phone number if you have to ask for compensation for the delayed flights. On the other hand, you can connect by visiting the airline’s official site.
However, the fastest way you can use to process your reimbursement is to call. Hence, you should contact the airlines via call for compensation.