American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
A major airline of America came into existence in 1926. American Airlines or AA flies to more than 350 locations all around the world. This airline is mostly loved by the people because of all the excellent flight services it offers to its customers at the most affordable prices. One of such facilities that the airline provides is Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines.
This service was introduced for minors who are traveling alone. This ensures their families that their children are in good hands and are safe to travel with the airline. You can avail of this facility if your child is under 18 and is traveling without any adult.
American Airlines makes sure that it does not just serve adults but also kids. The airline also has a policy that states all the terms and conditions that the airline applies and follows on each unaccompanied minor flight booking.
What Are Unaccompanied Minor American Airlines?
It can be very hard for a parent to send their kids unaccompanied on a flight trip. This is why American Airlines introduced its special tickets that you can book for your beloved kids and ensure their safe travel.
If your kid is between five to fourteen years of age, you can make a booking under Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines and leave all your worries right there. The airline ensures that they provide special care to every kid traveling with these tickets and safely reach their destination.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Process
To ensure that every parent gets clear about the services and rules of this facility, the airline has a frameset of paperwork that explains all the terms and conditions applied to each unaccompanied minor flight ticket.
Let us get an in-depth look at this policy before you send your kid alone on an American Airlines flight.
- You can book a direct Unaccompanied American Airlines reservations if your kid is between five to fourteen years of age.
- The airline only allows connecting flight travels to kids who are between 15-17 years of age.
- American Airlines only allows the kids on the flight who are dropped at the airport by an adult and that adult provides information to someone who will be picking up the kid from the destined airport.
- The airline does not let a kid leave the airport premises alone.
- A kid between the age of 2-14 can travel under an American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor ticket only if he is traveling with someone of age 16 or more.
- No kid is allowed to travel with this service on an overnight flight. If a kid needs to take an overnight flight, he must be accompanied by an adult.
Make sure you check out the original copy of the policy on the official website of the airline.
How Much Does Unaccompanied Minor American Airlines Service Cost?
A one-way service fee of the unaccompanied minor facility is $150. Therefore, a round trip will cost you $300. However, the cost may vary depending on flight fare and other booking-related factors.
That notice that these are the service charges. That means you will have to pay for the flight ticket along with this fee. The cost of the flight ticket depends on the type of American Airlines booking you want your child to fly in.
Please note that if there are two or more children traveling from the same family, you do not have to pay these service charges separately. All your kids can fly on the service fee of $150.
Document Required At The Airport For Unaccompanied Minor Travel With AA
There are a few necessary documents that the airline asks you to patent at the airport to avail of this service. The airline requests these documents to ensure the complete safety of your kid on his journey.
Make sure you carry these kids along with you when you take your kid to board the flight.
- Passport of your kid or his birth certificate
- A photo ID with current address issued by the government at the departure airport
- The contact details of the parents of the minor
- Contact details name, and current address of the parent or guardian meeting at the arrival airport.
You cannot book Unaccompanied minor American Airlines flights by yourself. You need to contact the customer services of the airline at 1 860 590 8822. Here you can ask a live representative to make your kid’s travel plan successful.
Benefits of American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Services
If you have kids travelling alone to any specific destination, then the American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors service will be useful. In this service, you will have several amazing points which will ensure your kids’ safety. So, if you want to know about it, then check the info mentioned below:
- You can do early boarding with your minors.
- Passengers will also get extra time to board their American Airlines flight.
- One can consult the flight attendant and board the flight without waiting in any queue.
- From this service, you will also get snacks and Quaker for your kids between five and ten years old.
- Also, American Airlines will offer an expert airport escort to help your minors get through the gate to board the connecting flight.
- According to this service, one can only receive minors when they have government-approved documents or any documents that cause relations between the adult and minor.
What are the age Restrictions for Minors Travelling alone on AA?
Age restrictions are the basic and most important aspects of minors travelling alone on American Airlines. With the help of age restrictions features, American Airlines offers several advantages and rules to minors. If you are seeking to find out the complete info, then check the terms added below:
Children between zero to four
If you are looking forward to letting your four years old kids travel alone on American Airlines, then it will not be possible. American Airlines doesn’t allow minors who are zero to four to travel alone. Children need to have adults with them to fly with AA flight.
Minors between five to seven
Minors between the ages of five and seven need to take unaccompanied minor services from American Airlines. Children from this category are allowed to fly on direct and non-stop flights.
Minors between eight to fourteen
Minors who are eight to fourteen years old can travel alone in a non-stop, direct and connecting flight. There are some certain destinations where they can fly alone, like Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Washington Reagan (DCA), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (ORD), New York (JFK and LGA) , Phoenix (PHX), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), and Philadelphia (PHL).
Minors between 15 to 17
The minors of 15 to 17 years don’t need to get the AA unaccompanied minor services. Still, you need to pay a service fee for the service. Minors can also travel normally to any destinations like Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Washington Reagan (DCA), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (ORD), New York (JFK and LGA), Phoenix (PHX), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), and Philadelphia (PHL).
NOTE: Minors who are between 2 to 14 can travel as unaccompanied minors, but an adult of at least 16 years old needs to be with the minor.
What are the Drop-off & Pick-off Policies of American Airlines for Minors?
It is a mandatory activity applied by American Airlines for the safety of unaccompanied minors. A responsible adult or parent is only allowed to take their minors to the airport. Also, they need to provide valid documents to check in, drop off, and pick-off minors.
Here is the right time to arrive at the airport with your minors:
- Three hours before the departure for the international AA flight.
- Two hours before the departure for the domestic American Airlines flight.
Parents or responsible adults need to consider this time mentioned above due to the terms and conditions of American Airlines unaccompanied minor service. It will be better for their minors while travelling with American Airlines flights. You can also consult the customer service representative for a better insight.
See More Related Post Link
Change American Airlines Flight?
Book American Airlines Group Travel
How do I pick my seat on American Airlines?
American Airlines Travel Credit
Is American Airlines extending travel credits?
How Do I Rebook A Cancelled Flight American Airlines
Does American Airlines Give a Student discount?
How to Reschedule a Flight with American Airlines?