American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
A major airline of America came into existence in 1926. American Airlines or AA flies to more than 350 locations all around the world. This airline is mostly loved by the people because of all the excellent flight services it offers to its customers at the most affordable prices. One of such facilities that the airline provides is Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines.
This service was introduced for minors who are traveling alone. This ensures their families that their children are in good hands and are safe to travel with the airline. You can avail of this facility if your child is under 18 and is traveling without any adult.
American Airlines makes sure that it does not just serve adults but also kids. The airline also has a policy that states all the terms and conditions that the airline applies and follows on each unaccompanied minor flight booking.
What Are Unaccompanied Minor American Airlines?
It can be very hard for a parent to send their kids unaccompanied on a flight trip. This is why American Airlines introduced its special tickets that you can book for your beloved kids and ensure their safe travel.
If your kid is between five to fourteen years of age, you can make a booking under Unaccompanied Minors American Airlines and leave all your worries right there. The airline ensures that they provide special care to every kid traveling with these tickets and safely reach their destination.
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Process
To ensure that every parent gets clear about the services and rules of this facility, the airline has a frameset of paperwork that explains all the terms and conditions applied to each unaccompanied minor flight ticket.
Let us get an in-depth look at this policy before you send your kid alone on an American Airlines flight.
- You can book a direct Unaccompanied American Airlines reservations if your kid is between five to fourteen years of age.
- The airline only allows connecting flight travels to kids who are between 15-17 years of age.
- American Airlines only allows the kids on the flight who are dropped at the airport by an adult and that adult provides information to someone who will be picking up the kid from the destined airport.
- The airline does not let a kid leave the airport premises alone.
- A kid between the age of 2-14 can travel under an American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor ticket only if he is traveling with someone of age 16 or more.
- No kid is allowed to travel with this service on an overnight flight. If a kid needs to take an overnight flight, he must be accompanied by an adult.
Make sure you check out the original copy of the policy on the official website of the airline.
How Much Does Unaccompanied Minor American Airlines Service Cost?
A one-way service fee of the unaccompanied minor facility is $150. Therefore, a round trip will cost you $300. However, the cost may vary depending on flight fare and other booking-related factors.
That notice that these are the service charges. That means you will have to pay for the flight ticket along with this fee. The cost of the flight ticket depends on the type of American Airlines booking you want your child to fly in.
Please note that if there are two or more children traveling from the same family, you do not have to pay these service charges separately. All your kids can fly on the service fee of $150.
Document Required At The Airport For Unaccompanied Minor Travel With AA
There are a few necessary documents that the airline asks you to patent at the airport to avail of this service. The airline requests these documents to ensure the complete safety of your kid on his journey.
Make sure you carry these kids along with you when you take your kid to board the flight.
- Passport of your kid or his birth certificate
- A photo ID with current address issued by the government at the departure airport
- The contact details of the parents of the minor
- Contact details name, and current address of the parent or guardian meeting at the arrival airport.
You cannot book Unaccompanied minor American Airlines flights by yourself. You need to contact the customer services of the airline at 1 860 590 8822. Here you can ask a live representative to make your kid’s travel plan successful.
See More Related Post Link
Change American Airlines Flight?
Book American Airlines Group Travel
How do I pick my seat on American Airlines?
American Airlines Travel Credit
Is American Airlines extending travel credits?
How Do I Rebook A Cancelled Flight American Airlines
Does American Airlines Give a Student discount?
How to Reschedule a Flight with American Airlines?