- 1 Alaska Flight Change Policy: Terms & Condition Guidelines
- 1.1 Alaska Airlines 24 Hours Flight Change Policy
- 1.2 How to Change a Flight on Alaska Airlines?
- 1.2.1 Online Methods :~ Via Alaska Airlines official website
- 1.2.2 ~ Alaska Airlines Mobile App Procedure
- 1.2.3 ~ By Social Media Platforms
- 1.2.4 ~ Via Alaska Airlines Live Chat
- 1.2.5 5~ Via Official Email of Alaska Airlines
- 1.2.6 Offline Method ~ Visiting Alaska Airport kiosk
- 1.2.7 ~ Contacting Alaska Customer Service Phone Number
- 1.3 Alaska Airlines Flight Change Fee/Cost
- 1.4 Types of Alaska Airlines Flight Changes:
- 1.5 Alaska Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy
- 2 Same-Day Flight Change Terms & Conditions
The fifth-largest North American airline, Alaska Airlines, is one of the most preferred airlines. Alaska provides its passengers with on-time flights and flexibility for passenger comfort. So, if you have booked a flight on Alaska Airlines and want to change for a better experience in your travel journey. there are some points to keep in mind. In this blog, we will discuss Alaska Airlines flight change policy to understand the rules and regulations of the airlines and act accordingly. So let’s get started.
Alaska Flight Change Policy: Terms & Condition Guidelines
If you are thinking about changing flights with Alaska Airlines, you might be running through various questions: Whether the change is possible or not, how much the charges are for modifications, etc. So, the following are the pointers that should be considered before you execute your change plan:
- Saver fares are not eligible for any change(like the name change, date change, etc.), cancellations, or refunds.
- Moreover, Saver fare holders have no other option than to cancel the current flight and rebook another.
- Likewise, passengers with Saver fares must cancel the flights under the 24-hour cancellation period to retain the value of the fare.
- Similarly, main and first-class fare holders can change the flights anytime before 24 hours of departure.
- In addition, passengers with First and Main class fare types must pay the difference between new and original flight tickets upon changing.
- On getting the flight bookings cheaper than the original one, you are entitled to a refund of the difference between both the bookings.
- Additionally, Same-day flight change is only allowed at check-in time and is subject to additional charges between $25-$50.
- Furthermore, no fare differences will be charged when changing the Alaska flight on the same day of departure.
- Same-day change charges get waived for passengers with refundable fare type, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75 K Mileage Plan traveling in the same reservations.
- On the other hand, Same-day changes must be made for the same origin, destination, and connection cities as in your original reservations.
- Saver fare guests are not eligible for confirmed same-day changes.
- Therefore, it’s important to remember the above guidelines for a smooth process for passengers and airlines.
Alaska Airlines 24 Hours Flight Change Policy
Alaska Flight Change Policy allows passengers to make free adjustments to their plane tickets within 24 hours after purchase. There are no Alaska Airlines modification costs during this time, known as the risk-free cancellation period. Passengers can alter their flights for free under this arrangement. Passengers can also get the entire amount of their refundable airfare if they opt to cancel their flight.
How to Change a Flight on Alaska Airlines?
There are 7 ways to contact Alaska Airlines to Change flights. Let’s go through each method one by one:
Online Methods :~ Via Alaska Airlines official website
- Visit the official website of Alaska Airlines.
- Select manage reservation
- Put your details in the blank space on the page.
- Click on continue.
- Saver fare holders must choose the flight they want to cancel and look for new reservations.
- Passengers apart from Saver fare holders need to choose the flight that they would like to make changes to.
- Select new bookings and check the difference between your initial and selected flights that may appear on the right.
- Make the payment if required. Any differences that exceed the cost of your new booking will be sent to you as a refund, either in cash or an e-voucher for future trips.
- Check out from your initial flight to finalize the changes.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the changes made to your tickets.
~ Alaska Airlines Mobile App Procedure
- Install the Alaska mobile application from here (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mobile/mobile-apps?lid=footer3&int=AS_NAV_FTR3_-prodID:Mobile)
- Log in to the application by putting on your required credentials.
- Proceed by clicking on continue.
- Find the reservation that you want to make changes to.
- All passengers (except Saver fare holders) will get the option to make necessary changes.
- Choose the flight that suits your updated timings.
- Check and pay for differences.
- You will receive a confirmation mail for your bookings modifications.
~ By Social Media Platforms
Alaska Airlines spread its presence on different social media platforms. Connect to seek any assistance, including Alaska Air change flight on the platforms mentioned below:
- Facebook ~ https://www.facebook.com/alaskaairlines/
- Twitter~ https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.alaskaair.com%2F&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&screen_name=AlaskaAir&tw_p=followbutton. Also, you can tweet the airlines @alaskaair.
- Instagram ~ https://instagram.com/alaskaair?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
- LinkedIn ~ https://www.linkedin.com/company/alaska-airlines
- YouTube ~ https://www.youtube.com/c/AlaskaAirlines
~ Via Alaska Airlines Live Chat
The chat option is only available for passengers with Alaska credit cards. Before opting for Chat, be handy with your Alaska card details. Now, do as told below:
- Visit the “Help Centre” https://www.alaskaair.com/content/about-us/help-contact page of Alaska Air.
- Scroll towards the middle of the page.
- Under the “Contact us” section, you will get the “Chat with us: Start chat” option
- Fill in the passenger’s Name, Mileage plan number(look on your Alaska credit card), and your reason for chatting.
- Search for a live representative by clicking the “Start Chat” option.
5~ Via Official Email of Alaska Airlines
Contact Alaska Airlines for queries, concerns, complaints, or assistance at [email protected]. However, its advised to opt for other methods in the case of urgency, as electronic mail might take longer to revert.
Offline Method ~ Visiting Alaska Airport kiosk
Visiting the nearest Alaska Airport is one of the best options when time is not a matter of concern. Visit the airport and seek the representative’s assistance at the customer service helpdesk.
~ Contacting Alaska Customer Service Phone Number
Last but not least, contacting Customer Service phone numbers is good to go for all situations a passenger might face from the time of booking to departure and even further if the customer isn’t satisfied with the facilities provided by Alaska Airlines.
Following is the list of contact numbers allocated to different categories of traveller’s doubts:
|Before the flight queries, and assistance||+18002527522||Available 24X7|
|Accessible services help||1-800-503-0101||Available 24X7|
|Group Reservations||1-800-445-4435||6 am – 6 pm PT, Monday-Friday
7:30 am – 6 pm PT, Saturday
|After flight queries and assistance||+18006545669||7 am – 7 pm PT, Monday-Friday
8 am – 5 pm PT, Saturday
|Alaska Account||+18006545669||7 am – 7 pm PT, Monday-Friday
8 am – 5 pm PT, Saturday
|International numbers for your region||https://www.alaskaair.com/content/about-us/help-contact#:~:text=International%20contact%20numbers||Toll free numbers are available 24X7|
|International Contact number (for other regions)||001+206-244-0751||24X7 (Not a toll free number)|
Alaska Airlines Flight Change Fee/Cost
- No change fee to modify Alaska flight tickets eligible for changes.
- However, any fare differences between your initial and secondly booked flight are subject to reasonable charges.
- For example, On the first reservation, you choose your destination to be Portland at the price of $132, but now you are willing to book the flight to Kahului, which costs $278. In this scenario, you will be required to pay $146.
Types of Alaska Airlines Flight Changes:
Same Day flight change
- Only possible when seats on the next flight are available.
- No same-day change fees for passengers with Main or First class fare, Companion fare, and Partner award bookings.
- Same-day changes must be informed before your initial flight departure.
- All passengers are eligible for a name change.
- Passengers with name change or correction requests must show government-issued identity proof to be eligible for name changes.
- Passengers’ name changes in case of marriage or divorce should be informed to the airlines with legal documentation.
- Under Alaska Airlines’ date change policy, passengers may change their travel date, 11 months in either direction, with no Alaska Airlines change fee.
- Passengers must pay only the fare difference fees if date changes are requested.
- Saver fare passengers can’t make date changes; they can cancel the current bookings and reserve new seats to complete the modifications.
- Changes in scheduled timings of your flight will cost 50 USD if your departure and arrival time is more than or equal to 501 miles.
Alaska Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy
- The passenger’s last name and booking reference number are necessary to change an Alaska Airlines flight, and they play a vital role in checking current reservations.
- A $50 fee applies to same-day flight adjustments, which are subject to seat availability.
- Only if your new flight departs on the same day as your last flight is considered a same-day flight change.
- At the check-in window, a customer can request a same-day flight change. During check-in, select the Alaskan Airlines flight change option from the airport kiosk.
- Passengers can confirm a same-day flight change by contacting an Alaska Airlines Customer Service Representative or the Alaska Airlines Reservation Team.
Same-Day Flight Change Terms & Conditions
Alaska Airlines policy regarding same-day flight modifications is as follows: If each passenger meets the following conditions , they can apply for Alaska Airlines flight change policy on the same day.
- Passengers must have a confirmed Alaskan airline flight reservation.
- Flyers can make a change request up to 48 hours before their last flight’s departure time.
- Passengers are unable to alter their home airport to connect to flights to other locations.
- Travelers are unable to change terminals to make modifications to their tickets under this regulation.
- If passengers cannot meet the above requirements, they can change their flight using the normal flight change procedure.
How Much does it cost for Alaska Same-day flight changes?
Same Day changes on Alaska flights fee is $25- $50. For Seat assignment is only possible when seats on the aircraft is available. Also, the same-day confirmed change fees are waived for passengers booked on First class, Coach class, and for members of Alaska loyalty programs.
Alaska only permits for changes in flight time and aircraft type on the Same day flights.
Alaska Airlines Change Flight FAQs
See More Related Post Links
- Alaska Airlines Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Get Discount on Alaska Airlines Black Friday
- Alaska Airlines Seat Selection
- How to Redeem Miles With Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Program?
- Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
- How to Make Alaska Airlines Booking?