Delta Airlines Change Flight Policy
Changing your flight has always been a nuisance, and it may sometimes cost more than the aircraft ticket itself. With the epidemic wreaking havoc on the travel sector, Delta Air Lines, like many other airlines, has made it easier for passengers to reschedule their trip dates or times. Here, we’ll show you how to modify your Delta Air Lines flight ticket and moreover will explain everything you need to know about Delta airlines change flight in this step-by-step guide.
Important Information Regarding Delta Change Flight
Delta is waiving Change and cancellation costs if you book your ticket by April 17, 2020, for travel until March 30, 2021. travelers can re-book or cancel Flights until December 31, 2022.
If you’ve booked flights with cash or miles, here’s everything you need to know about changing flights and Delta flight change costs. Find an answer to the query “How do I alter my Delta flight?” here.
24-Hour Risk-Free Cancellation Time
According to Delta’s risk-free cancellation policy, you may not only cancel any Delta ticket within 24 hours of booking but can receive a full refund at no additional cost too. This includes the basic economic rate, which in most cases is non-refundable. With a few clicks on the Delta website or app, you may cancel your flight at any moment throughout the 24 hours.
Delta’s PeaceofMind Purchasing waiver
All tickets bought before March 30, 2021, including basic economy rates, are eligible for the Delta Peace of Mind purchase waiver. This means you won’t have to pay any modification costs for the first year after your purchase. If you need to cancel your flight, you can get an eCredit for a new ticket that is good for one year from the date of purchase.
Change Costs for Domestic and International Tickets
The permanent abolition of change fees and re-credits on tickets booked for travel to the United States, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands was one of Delta’s most important recent changes. This cost is also waived for overseas flights departing North America, including SkyTeamo and codeshare partners’ flights. However, differences in tariffs will apply. On the other hand, Delta airlines have not included basic economy fares are not included since they cannot be returned or altered.
The Delta redemption charge for booked tickets was formerly $200 per ticket. This is an interesting customer-oriented amendment that is still going strong, providing customer’s greater flexibility than ever before.
Tickets booked after March 30, 2021
Standard rules apply to all other tickets booked after the Peace of Mind Delta waiver expires. Furthermore, after the 24-hour risk-free cancellation period, flyers will not be able to modify any basic economy tickets.
Delta Change Flight Process
For an Award Ticket
Passengers with award tickets can modify their flight reservations; however, travelers must make adjustments at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure. This category has a $150 change charge, which is waived for Diamond and Platinum Medallion members.
For A Non-Refundable Ticket
If you have a non-refundable ticket and need to alter your flight then the fee for this service will be between $200 and $500. Moreover, the pricing will be determined by the ticket’s indicated destination and the fare difference between the old and new flights.
For a Refundable Ticket
If seats are available and all criteria and conditions are satisfied, change costs for refundable ticket holders may be waived. You will have to pay a fare difference if the ticket price is higher than the original ticket.
For Tickets through Third-Party
Additional costs may apply if you desire to make adjustments to tickets that you did not purchase directly via Delta Airlines. However, bookings made through physical travel agencies, internet travel agencies, or other airlines may incur additional costs. However, these fees are not applicable for Passengers who have earned a SkyMiles upgrade, Bookings that include government or military fares, Changes that are confirmed the same day, unavoidable delays, cancellations, or modifications to the plan or Tickets issued by Delta Airlines in any case.
How to Change My Delta Air Lines Flight Booking?
- Firstly, to retrieve your booking, locate the confirmation number in your booking email and input it on Delta.com. Alternatively, go to your Delta SkyMiles account’s “My Trips” area and choose the trip you wish to modify.
- Then, in the upper-right space, click the red “Edit Flight” icon.
- Then the page will offer you the option of changing or canceling your flight. Choose “Start flight change” from the drop-down menu.
- This screen change option displays all flights included in a specific ticket; you must check the box next to the flight or flights you want to alter.
- To go to the next page, click “Find new flights.”
- All of your new travel options will display at this point, and you may pick the trip you want to change, with the money you paid for the previous ticket being added to the new ticket fee. Depending on the kind of ticket you initially bought, you will either receive a refund or an eCredit for the fare difference if you pay the remainder as normal.
Delta Flight Change Fee
Travelers can determine the cost of a Delta Airline change either by the customer’s rate and subscription or the length of request submission time. The table below details the whole Delta flight change pricing structure, including all Delta flight change costs.
|Time Period||Basic Economy Fare||Non-Refundable Fare||Refundable Fare|
|Within the 24-hour period of change||There is no charge; the flyer must pay only the difference in fares.||There is no charge; all that must be paid is the difference in fare.||There is no charge; the flyer must pay only the fare difference.|
|After the 24-hour change period||Not Applicable||Fees range from $200 to $500, plus the fare difference.||There is no charge; the flyer must pay only the fare difference.|
|Within 24 hours of the scheduled departure of the flight||Not Applicable||When seats are available, the fee starts at $75.||When there are seats available, the fee begins at $75.|
Please check the official Delta Airlines website (https://www.delta.com/) or contact Delta Flight Change phone number +1-860-590-8822 for additional information regarding Delta change flight.
Delta Airlines Change Flight FAQs
See More Related Posts Below
- Delta Airlines booking
- How Do I Get My Delta Callback
- What is Delta Airlines Pet Policy?
- Does Delta Airlines Have a Live Chat?
- How do I Get my Delta Refund instead of eCredit?
- Delta vacations travel agent
- How to Make Delta Airlines Multi-City Flights
- Delta Missed Flight Policy
- How Many Delta Miles for a Free Flight
- How to Choose Seats on Delta Airlines?
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- How do I Talk to a Live Person at Delta?
- Delta Group Travel