- 1 Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy
- 2 Southwest Airlines Flight Change Policy
- 3 Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy
Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy
Worried about a Southwest airlines change flight? Don’t worry, and read below to get a clear picture. Southwest recognizes that plans change; therefore, they don’t charge a cost if you change your mind. In case, if you choose to modify your scheduled flight then you will only have to pay the difference in price.
If you purchased your flight with Southwest Airlines using points or cash/credit card, you can rebook and get a refund for the difference in price. Southwest enables you to rebook your ticket at the best price available, regardless of fare type, unlike other airlines that waive modification costs for elite status members.
Southwest Flight Change Policy 24 Hours
The airline is aware of abrupt changes in the vacation plans that happen. Hence, the airline gives the flyer the option to modify your flight itinerary’s date, time, and destination without paying Southwest airline modification costs thanks to Southwest’s 24-hour modification policy. This includes canceling the flight and requesting a complete refund.
Regarding further information, see Southwest’s terms and conditions for flight changes:
- Tickets purchased through southwest.com are subject to Southwest’s 24-hour flight change policy.
- The 24-hour period begins when you complete and successfully pay for your booking order.
- Southwest’s 24-hour exchange policy do not apply to group travel hence consent from group is mandatory.
- Tickets purchased with travel money will be subject to a 24-hour Southwest ticket redemption period.
- The flight change policy of Southwest Airlines will apply to all price types: Want To Go, Anytime, and Business Preferred.
What to Do If You Need to Change Your Southwest Airlines Flight?
Travelers can change their Southwest Airlines flight over the phone, online, or at the airport.
To make changes to your Southwest Airlines flight bookings online, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to Southwest.com
- Then, Navigate to the Edit/Undo tab (above)
- Enter your confirmation number and name to get your flight reservation (first and last name)
- By default, the Edit Flight tab is checked, so leave it like that
- Then, select Search from the drop-down menu
- Finally, click Select new flight after selecting the flight you wish to modify. Your departure and return locations will display if you have booked a repeat journey
- After you’ve chosen your flight, make any necessary adjustments and then confirm
Southwest Change Flight via Phone Number
If you are experiencing difficulties altering your Southwest Airlines ticket, please call the airline at +1 8773117484. One of our Southwest Airlines experts will assist you with all types of modifications and alterations to your travel schedule. Do keep in mind that there will be a fare difference.
Southwest Ticket Change At The Airport
You may easily alter your Southwest Airlines reservations from the departing airport’s perimeter. Please note that modifications can be made at the airport up to 10 minutes before the planned departure time, as per No-show’s policy.
Southwest’s Flight Change Fees
For tickets purchased with points or cash, Southwest Airlines does not impose any alteration fees. Your points will be refunded back to your Rapid Rewards account if you cancel a flight booked with Rapid Rewards points. Security levies levied by the government will be transformed into trip funds. Remember to preserve the confirmation number so you may use it later to reclaim your points.
Southwest Airlines Flight Change Policy
Anytime and Business Select Tickets
Southwest’s flight change policy enables you to modify your Anytime or Business Preferred ticket up to 10 minutes before departure without incurring any penalties.
The airline will convert the value of your Anytime or Business Select flight ticket to travel money if you do not make any modifications to an existing flight and it does not display. You have up to 12 months from the date of purchase to spend your trip money. If you pay for a ticket using Rapid Rewards points, the points will be refunded to your account and used again later.
If you need to make same-day adjustments to your international flight reservations, call Southwest at 1-800-IFLYSWA (1804359792) or ask a ticketing agent at the airport. It’s important to remember that you can’t book an international flight online less than two hours before departure.
Wanna Get Away Tickets
As the lowest Southwest has to offer Wanna Get Away tickets have tighter cancellation policies than any time and Business Select fares. According to Southwest’s flight modification policy, if you want to alter your flight, the same criteria apply: There are no fines if you change your flight up to 10 minutes before departure. Without any change in costs, the airline will convert the value of your ticket into travel money that you may spend within one year of the date of purchase.
Changing International Flight Itineraries
If you want to alter your international flight itinerary, you must follow the above mentioned steps. However, you do not have to pay any change fee or cancellation fee , but you will have to pay any fare difference.
Changing Fare Classes
If you alter your fare class, there are certain exceptions. However, the value of your Anytime price is change to reusable travel money if you upgrade to a Business Select fare. You will be liable for the increased fare taxes and levies if you modify your itinerary on the same day.
Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy
The name change policy of Southwest Airlines prohibits ticket name changes unless there is a genuine cause. One alternative is to cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase and rebook it under the correct name.
Is it possible to alter your Southwest flight the same day?
Southwest does not make standby or same-day modifications in the same manner that other airlines do. There is no such thing as a “standby charge” or a “same-day change fee.” You must upgrade to the full Anytime cost to change flights on the day of travel with a Wanna Get Away ticket.
Is it possible to obtain a refund from Southwest if your flight is rescheduled?
In certain case if the southwest airline itself have cancels or perform major change to the schedule of flight and you do not opt for the alternative given then you will fall under the complete refund thing as per Southwest’s contract of carriage and DOT guidelines.
Southwest Change Flight FAQs
See More Southwest Airlines Related Links
- What are Southwest Airlines $29 flights?
- Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
- How do I Get a Human on Southwest Airlines?
- Southwest Flight Delay Compensation
- How to Book Multi-City Flights On Southwest?
- Southwest Airlines Last Minute Deals
- What are the Cheapest Days to Fly on Southwest
- Southwest Seat Selection
See More Airlines Change Flight Links
Turkish Airlines Change Flight Policy
Allegiant Change Flight Policy
JetBlue Change Flight Policy
Hawaiian Change Flight Policy
Sun Country Airlines Booking