Aeromexico Cancellation Policy
Have you booked a flight with Aeroméxico? But, now you see changes in your plans. Don’t worry! Now you can save yourself from the hassle of canceling your booked flight since, Aeromexico cancellation policy is meant to provide customers with a plethora of perks.
No one likes to cancel a vacation, but there are some circumstances beyond your control. Suppose you want to cancel your Aeromexico airline ticket. In that case, you’re in luck since this article will help you comprehend the Aeromexico cancel flight rules and cancel your trip without worrying about the cost.
Aeromexico 24 Hrs Flight Cancellation Policy
When you book flights with Aeromexico, you won’t have to worry about last-minute cancellations disrupting your vacation plans. It is important to understand the following points before you ask to cancel your Aeromexico ticket:
- For all short-haul domestic and international flights, Aeromexico has eliminated cancellation costs for First, Business, Premium Economy, and Economy Class.
- If your plans change, you can seek cancellation from Aeromexico and preserve your original price value. Still, you will be responsible for the cost difference if your new travel is more expensive.
- Flights booked through aeromexico.com, Aeromexico contact centers, or airport kiosks will be subject to Aeromexico’s “flight cancellation” demands.
- The cancellation policy of Aeromexico applies to both restricted and unlimited rates.
- Aeromexico will credit refunds to the original payment method within 710 business days of canceling the flight.
- Passengers flying on Basic or Value fares affected by Aeromexico cancellation tickets due to weather or government travel restrictions may seek a refund of their tickets.
Steps to Make Aeromexico Cancellation Procedure
Flyers can cancel flight bookings both on the airline’s website and at the airport ticket office. A USD 200 cancellation fee will be levied by Aeroméxico 24 hours after the booking date. To learn how to cancel an Aeromexico ticket, keep reading–
Cancel Flight Tickets Online
In only a few steps, you may cancel your trip online –
- The requirement for Aeroméxico cancel flight is a six-character confirmation. If you don’t know who your travel charterer is, look it up in the confirmation email you got when you booked your Aeroméxico flight.
- Enter your data finder and the passenger’s last name on the “Manage booking” page.
- Follow the steps to “Change or cancel trip” next to the flight itinerary.
- Choose the passenger segment or flight you’d like to cancel.
- On the next page, review Aeroméxico cancellation refund policy. On the following page, you’ll see the “flight refund cancellation” value from Aeromexico.
- To request that Aeromexico cancel your reservation, click the ‘Confirm my cancellation’ option.
- At the email address supplied at the time of booking, you will get a confirmation email with the refund status.
Offline cancellation Method
The offline cancellation process is straightforward, and all you have to do is follow the procedures outlined below to delete data from the offline portal:
- Call the toll-free number for Aeromexico customer care.
- Choose the interaction language that best suits your needs.
- Within 2-5 minutes, an agent will be there to assist you.
- Provide your username, ticket number, arrival city, and other information to verify your identity.
- Choose the trip you’d want to cancel and request that the relevant agent cancel the flight ticket on your behalf.
- Give a reason for the cancellation.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Aeromexico flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation email to your registered email address and cellphone number when the cancellation is completed.
- The amount of the return is determined by Aeromexico cancellation policy.
What changes have occurred to Aeromexico’s flight cancellation policy due to the Covid19 outbreak?
The airline is continuously striving to expand its passenger base. As a result of the pandemic circumstances produced by the Covid19 virus, Aeromexico’s flight cancellation policy has undergone certain essential adjustments.
The following amendments are:
- If your trip date is in March, there will be no fee if you plan to cancel your Aeromexico flight.
- If the traveler chooses to reschedule the trip, there will be no change in cost.
- All tickets purchased during the Covid19 outbreak will be refunded in full.
- All passengers are entitled to a free cancellation, even if their tickets are non-refundable or promotional.
Aeromexico Cancellation Fee
The following is a summary of the Aeromexico cancellation charge for your booked reservation:
A USD 200 cancellation fee will be levied by Aeromexico 24 hours after the booking date. Depending on the pricing regulations that apply to your travel booking, you may be eligible for a refund of an Aeromexico cancellation ticket or a credit voucher.
From the date of cancellation, your credit voucher is valid for 365 days. Flights inside Mexico, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, and the United States are exempt from the Aeromexico cancellation charge. If the traveler or a close family dies, the airline waive cancellation charge.
Aeromexico flight cancellation compensation in case of flight delay
If Aeromexico cancels your trip, you will get compensation of up to USD 725 for travel delays in case:
- The flight was more than 3 hours late.
- Your flight originates in Mexico.
- If your Aeromexico ticket cancels without prior notice at least 0-14 days before travel.
- You are unable to board due to overcrowding.
- Miss your connecting flight due to a delay on your first trip, you must be at your ultimate destination or stop over within 3 hours of the first flight’s arrival time.
- If the flight is not necessary owing to unforeseen circumstances.
- Depending on the duration of the delay and the flight distance from point A to point B, Aeromexico flight compensation cancellation ranges from $300 to USD 725.
If the flight happens to cancel after a delay of more than 3 hours then Aeromexico will compensate you as follows:
If the flying distance between point A and point B is less than 1500 kilometers, you will receive USD 300. In- between 1500 and 3500 kilometers, the cost is USD 485 and exceeding 3500 kilometers, the cost is USD 725.
Important information about Aeromexico Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Until the end of the risk-free period, the airline offers a free cancellation.
- Passengers who purchase non-refundable tickets will not receive refund once the risk-free time has expired.
- You will receive a full refund if you purchase a flexible or premium ticket.
- When you cancel your ticket within three days before departure, you must pay the entire cost as a penalty, according to Aeromexico flight cancellation refund policy.
- The date of processing the refund is directly dependent on the payment method used by the passenger, according to the refund policy.
- If cancellation occurs due to any natural cause then the passengers do not need to pay a cancellation fee.