Air Canada Cancellation Policy | 24-Hours Cancellation | Fees
To cancel your Air Canada flight booking, you must know the complete concept of the Air Canada cancellation policy. With the guidance of its cancellation policy, passengers can easily cancel their Air Canada booking without spending any extra money and time.
As the largest airline company in Canada, Air Canada offers the most user-friendly ways to cancel your ticket. The cancellation policies include several amazing terms that can enable you to cancel the Air Canada flight without getting into trouble.
So, if you are here to learn about the cancellation policies of Air Canada, then you should check out the below-mentioned information carefully.
Air Canada Flight Cancellation Policy
The passengers who are looking to cancel their Air Canada flight needs should learn the details about Air Canada Flight Cancellation Policy. Below are the brief terms which will explain to you its flight cancellation policy:
- As per the cancellation policy of Air Canada, you can use the official website and take help from a live person at Air Canada to cancel your ticket.
- You can cancel an Air Canada booking within a day of booking for free.
- You need to pay cancellation fees to Air Canada for the cancellation done after a day of booking.
- The cancellation fees of Air Canada depend on the travel class, destination, and route.
24 Hours Air Canada Cancellation Policy
Apart from the standard cancellation policy of Air Canada, you should learn about the 24 Hours Air Canada Cancellation Policy. With the help of this special cancellation policy, you can find the best loopholes to save your money on cancellation. Look at the points described below:
- According to the 24 Hours cancellation policy of Air Canada, you can cancel your booking for free.
- But, if you don’t follow the 24-hours cancellation terms and conditions, you need to pay cancellation charges to Air Canada.
How to Cancel an Air Canada Flight Tickets Online?
Find your booking in one of two ways by going to the Manage my Bookings option at the top of any aircanada.com page:
- Enter your last name, booking reference, and the credit card information used to make the booking to access a single Flight Booking; or
- Sign in to see all of your reservations, then choose the one you want to cancel.
- Choose Cancel Booking on your flight booking page and follow the simple instructions for reservation cancellation.
- The airline will send a confirmation email to the email address you provided at the time of booking once the cancellation procedure is complete.
- If you’re canceling a reservation for which an upgrade has been confirmed, you’ll need to contact Air Canada Reservations for a refund.
How can I cancel an Air Canada ticket via phone call?
Are you here looking to learn the proven process of canceling an Air Canada flight ticket via phone? If yes, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below carefully:
- Firstly, dial Air Canada phone number 1 (888) 247-2262 or +1-860-590-8822 to talk to a live person at Air Canada for the offline cancellation procedure.
- Secondly, you need to listen carefully to the IVR voice menu.
- Afterward, you have to follow the IVR menu and press the ideal key to connect with its representative.
- Next, you need to share the ticket details.
- Now, request a flight cancellation.
- Lastly, you will receive an email or message to get confirmation of your flight cancellation.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets
You can cancel your Air Canada Refundable Tickets at any time without incurring a cost, and you can get a refund within 7 to 20 days, depending on the original mode of payment.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
Non-Refundable Air Canada Fares Tickets may be refunded if they are not used. However, you may be charged a cancellation fee depending on the cost, class, and location you select to travel to.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy Due to Illness
Air Canada also provides a cancellation policy for passengers due to illness. According to this cancellation policy, you can cancel a flight ticket for free due to any severe illness. If you face any sudden sickness or illness, you can cancel an Air Canada ticket and receive a complete refund.
However, the valuable passengers of Air Canada must provide valid documents or certificates for their illness.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy Due to Weather
If your Air Canada flight ticket is canceled due to bad weather, you will get a complete refund. According to this situation, you can get a complete refund, or you can also book another Air Canada flight for your journey.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Basic Economy Tickets
The passengers who own Air Canada basic economy tickets cannot cancel their tickets after 24 hours of booking. They can cancel their basic economy flight tickets within 24 hours of ticket booking and also request a refund.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Award Tickets
As per the Air Canada Award Ticket cancellation policy, if you cancel your Air Canada award ticket, then you need to pay USD 125 as a cancellation charge. Also, if you cancel your award ticket via Aeroplan.com, then you need to pay a USD 150 cancellation fee.
Air Canada Ticket Cancellation Fee
Air Canada does not accept cancellations of basic tickets beyond 24 hours from the original booking date, unless there are any emergency bookings.
- No refunds are available for Flex, Standard Economy, or Comfort.
- Standard cancellation fees for Air Canada Economy are US $ 25 for 61 days and US $ 100 for 60 days.
- $ 25 for 61 days and $ 50 for 60 days for Flex.
- $ 0 for 61 days and $ 25 for 60 days for comfort.
Refundable fares include Latitude, Flex Premium Economy, and Business. Flyers may cancel these tickets before the flight’s departure, and refunds will be processed within seven (7) business days.
- $ 0 for Latitude
- Business and Premium Economy: $ 0
Air Canada Refund Policy
Check out the following tips to help you with understanding the Refund Policy better:
If you purchased your tickets using Air Canada’s official website https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home.html#/ or mobile application then you would be able to cancel them using the same way.
Assume you purchased your plane tickets from a third-party website or a travel agent. In such a scenario, you may only cancel your tickets through the same place of purchase. If you cancel your tickets within the Air Canada cancellation policy of 24 hours, you will be eligible for benefits on both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
Air Canada Cancellation FAQs
See More Related Post Links
- Air Canada Seat Selection
- How to Use or Redeem Air Canada Travel Voucher
- Air Canada Vacations
- How to Get in Touch with Air Canada?
- How to Change Air Canada Flight?
- Air Canada Multi-City Flights?