- 1 Lufthansa Flight Cancellation Policy
- 1.1 Lufthansa 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- 1.2 How to Cancel Lufthansa Flight Booking?
- 1.3 Does Lufthansa have a Cancellation Fee?
- 1.4 Lufthansa Cancellation Policy Due to COVID [Updated]
- 1.5 Lufthansa Refund Policy
- 1.6 How can I Get a Refund from Lufthansa Offline?
- 1.7 Lufthansa Flight Change Policy
Lufthansa Flight Cancellation Policy
Lufthansa maintains the right to cancel your flight up to 24 hours before departure if your travel intentions change unexpectedly. If you have a fully refundable ticket, there is no cancellation cost. Lufthansa Cancellation Policy states that if you have a non-refundable ticket, you cannot cancel it.
Read Below Rules & Guidelines of Lufthansa Flight Cancellation:
- In accordance with Lufthansa’s cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flight up to 24 hours before departure. Passengers who wish to receive a refund must pay a cancellation fee.
- The airline will offer a full refund if the passenger cancels the ticket on the same day as the reservation and the departure date is one week from the reservation date.
- Non-refundable ticket holders will not receive a refund, and the airline cancels the full ticket price. As a result, always schedule a return flight to ensure a refund. Net basis determines the Refunds, which means they don’t include cancellations or other expenses.
- If the airline cannot offer flying services to the passenger, you can file a claim for reimbursement by sending the airline an email. Within 20 business days, the airline will pay the compensation to the passenger’s account.
Lufthansa 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
The 24-hour cancellation policy, which applies to all ticket categories, allows you to cancel your ticket within 24 hours after purchase to avoid cancellation penalties and get a full refund using your original payment method. You must also cancel your ticket seven days before your scheduled departure.
Is there a 24-hours cancellation policy available on Lufthansa Airlines?
Yes, there is a 24-hours cancellation policy available on Lufthansa Airlines. Well, are you looking to know the important terms of this policy? If yes, then here are the ultimate points that you need to know:
- According to the Lufthansa 24-hours cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight in between 24-hours of ticket purchase for free.
- But after the completion of risk-free time, you need to pay cancellation penalties.
To know more, you can connect to Lufthansa customer service anytime you want.
How to Cancel Lufthansa Flight Booking?
Passengers may cancel their flight with Lufthansa either online or over the phone. You may avoid cancellation costs and receive a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. You can, however, cancel your flight after the risk-taking time, but depending on the kind of ticket, the airline will ask you to pay a cancellation charge.
- To begin, go to the official website of the Lufthansa airline.
- Then tap “cancellation and refund” under “book and manage.”
- Log in using your booking id and last name as credentials.
- To cancel your Lufthansa flight, click the cancel option.
- The airline will send you an email confirming your cancellation.
You may also cancel your Lufthansa flight by calling Customer service phone number 1 860 590 8822 For individualized assistance, you can call at any time. Lufthansa customer care is there to answer any query promptly.
Via Ticket Office
At the airport check-in desk or the Lufthansa ticket office, you can request any Lufthansa flight cancellation. When you receive your reservation, all you need are the reservation information. Passengers requesting a Lufthansa cancellation must also have a government-issued picture ID.
Does Lufthansa have a Cancellation Fee?
Yes ! After the risk-free time has expired, the traveler must pay the Lufthansa flight cancellation cost. The traveler must pay a $39 cancellation fee to get a refund, and the airline charges a $50 cancellation cost for award tickets.
Non-refundable tickets require full payment of the Lufthansa cancellation charge (ticket price) and are non-refundable. The airline will not charge a cancellation fee if the passenger cancels the ticket before the reservation date.
The flyer must pay a cancellation charge according to the itinerary and service to claim a refund 24 hours after booking. To avoid Lufthansa cancellation costs, always purchase a round-trip ticket.
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy Due to COVID [Updated]
- If your flight is cancelled due to COVID-19, you can obtain a full refund under Lufthansa’s Coronavirus Cancellation Policy.
- The airline will issue a full refund if the ticket is not completely utilized. If only a portion of the ticket has been used, they will reimburse the portion that has not been used.
- Suppose, there are no canceled flights on your schedule and you decide to cancel, the refund will be determined by your tariff terms.
- If you book a new flight before July 31, 2021, you can change it without paying a change charge as long as it does not depart from Japan for Europe. You may also modify the departure and arrival airports in addition to the date.
Lufthansa Refund Policy
According to Lufthansa’s refund policy, the ticket is non-refundable in full if you cancel the reservation after the 24-hour risk-free period has elapsed. After subtracting the cancellation charge from the total ticket price, the consumer will get a refund. Only if the customer cancels the ticket within 24 hours of the reservation date and the flight’s scheduled departure date is seven days from the reservation date will the customer receive a full refund.
Customers who buy a non-refundable ticket and cancel it within 24 hours of booking. For them the airline will not process the refund, and will cancel the ticket. However, if you buy a refundable ticket and cancel after paying a cancellation cost of $200 to $800, you can get a refund depending on the routes and services available. After subtracting cancellation fees and any applicable expenses, the buyer will get a refund.
Suppose a client has to cancel a ticket for specific circumstances, such as unexpected sickness, death of a relative, government order, parental separation, visa complications, military order, etc. In that case, Lufthansa may, in its sole discretion, waive cancellation costs. Customers must, however, give legitimate documents as evidence if the airline requests them.
Even if Lufthansa cancels or delays a flight already booked, the consumer has the right to reimbursement. In this scenario, the consumer can call the Lufthansa phone number to obtain a refund. The airline will provide its customers with a full refund or a travel voucher to use on future flights. Buyers can utilize coupons for purchases, vehicle rentals, and more in addition to paying for tickets.
How can I Get a Refund from Lufthansa Offline?
Do you want to get a refund from Lufthansa Airlines? Are you looking to learn the easy and proven steps to get your money back from Lufthansa over your phone? If yes, then checkout the easy steps that you need to know:
- Dial 1 860 590 8822.
- Next, carefully listen to the automated voice command.
- Press the correct key on your device.
- When you get connected to the expert customer service of Lufthansa, you need to share your ticket information.
- Raise a request for a refund, and you are good to go.
- You can also get the contact number based on your region or language from its official website.
How long does Lufthansa take to provide a refund?
Refunds for Lufthansa flight cancellations are processed within 23 business days and credited to the original payment method.
Is it possible to obtain a full refund if I cancel my Lufthansa flight?
Yes, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchase and your departure date is at least seven days from the time of cancellation, you can get a full return on your Lufthansa ticket.
How long do I need to wait for my refund from Lufthansa?
If you have canceled your Lufthansa Airlines flight ticket, then the day when you apply for the refund, you need to wait around seven to ten business days. But these defined days are only for the passengers who purchase their Lufthansa flight ticket via online payment.
But, if you are the one who purchases the flight ticket of Lufthansa Airlines via cash or cheque, then you need to wait for at least 20 working days. Lufthansa Airlines takes time to deliver the refund amount to the passengers who purchase the ticket offline.
Can I get a refund for my non-refundable Lufthansa ticket?
Yes, you can also get a refund for your non-refundable Lufthansa Airlines tickets. To get a refund for your non-refundable Lufthansa ticket, you need to visit its official website or consult with its customer service.
Most importantly, if you apply for a refund within 24-hours of booking, you can only get a refund for your non-refundable Lufthansa Airlines flight booking. After 24-hours of ticket booking, your money will be deducted for the cancellation.
Lufthansa Flight Change Policy
Thanks to Lufthansa’s new flight change policy, flyers can change and rebook all flights free of charge (related to COVID-19). This applies to existing, fresh, and canceled flights for short, medium, and long-haul flights.
Lufthansa Booking/Cancellation Numbers
|USA||(toll-free, open 24/7)|
|Canada||(toll-free, open 24/7)|
|Germany||+49 (0) 69 86 799 799|
|U.K.||+44 371 945 9747|
|Australia||+61 1300 655 727|
|India||1800 102 5838|
|South Africa||0861 842538|
|Jamaica||+1 800 – 581 64 00|
|Singapore||+65 6 2455 600|
|General Customer Service (U.S.)||+1 800-645-3880|
Frequently Asked Questions
See More Related Blog Post Links
How to File a Complaint Against Lufthansa
Lufthansa Business Class Upgrade
How to Change Lufthansa Airlines Flights?
How to Do Lufthansa Rebooking?