Southwest Cancellation Policy | 24 Hours | Fees | Refund Policy | No-Show Policy
Cancelling a trip or flight is not anyone’s desire, but it happens when you face any sudden issues that require flight cancellation. For that, Southwest Airlines came up with a concept which is known as the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy. It helps passengers to cancel their flights without facing any trouble.
The largest low-cost airline company in the world, Southwest Airlines, was established on 15 March 1967. Since its establishment, it has served its passengers the best aviation facilities. The facilities, along with the user-friendly policies, help its passengers in the best possible way.
Moving towards the topic, if you are here to find the ultimate information about the cancellation policy of Southwest Airlines, go check out the sub-topics described below.
What is Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy?
The flight cancellation policy of Southwest Airlines can lead you to cancel your flight without getting into any trouble. It offers you the best facts that explain the concept of flight cancellation in Southwest.
- As per the Southwest cancellation policy, you can use its official website or connect with its customer service for flight cancellation.
- You can cancel your Southwest Airlines flight ticket for free within a day of booking.
- If you make the cancellation after a day of booking in Southwest Airlines, then you need to pay cancellation charges.
- The cancellation charges on Southwest depend on the travel route and class.
Southwest Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Other than the Standard cancellation policy of Southwest Airlines, there is one more special cancellation policy that passengers can use to take advantage of while cancelling their Southwest booking. Look at the terms added below for more info:
- According to the 24 Hours Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, you can, free of cost, cancel your Southwest ticket.
- You need to pay cancellation charges without following the one-day cancellation terms and conditions.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to Illness or Death and Weather
Do you wish to know about the Southwest cancellation policies due to illness or death and weather? Are you willing to learn about the important points? Well, if that is so, then here are the details that you need to keep in mind:
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy For Death or Illness
If you are willing to learn about the cancellation policy of Southwest due to death or illness, then check the info mentioned below:
- According to this specific policy, you don’t need to pay cancellation fees.
- You can get a complete refund for your Southwest Airlines flight tickets.
- Also, you need to submit valid certificates.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to Weather
Do you wish to learn about the cancellation policy of Southwest due to weather, then have a look at the points that can help you:
- As per this important policy, you can get compensation from Southwest Airlines.
- You don’t have to pay charges for the flight cancellation.
For further information related to these cancellation policies of Southwest Airlines, you can consult with its customer service, or you can also reach out to its official website.
How to Cancel a Southwest Flight via Online Method?
Follow the instructions below if you have questions regarding “How to Cancel a Flight on Southwest Airlines.”
- First, go to the Southwest website and click on the login option to enter your Southwest account’s right email address and password.
- As soon as you’ve chosen that option, input the passenger’s details and then click “next.”
- To cancel a flight, click the cancel option and fill in the appropriate information for your flight and the reason for the cancellation.
- There will be a policy that must be adhered to in order to cancel your flight.
- After completing the job of cancellation, you can request a refund.
How can I cancel a Southwest flight via the offline method?
As mentioned above, you can easily use the official website of Southwest Airlines for flight cancellations. But, there is one more method that can help you in cancelling your Southwest flight. You can also use the offline method for an easy flight cancellation:
- Firstly, you need to call Southwest Airlines phone number 1 (800) 435-9792 or +1-860-590-8822 to start the flight cancellation procedure anytime you want.
- Secondly, you have to listen to the automated IVR menu carefully.
- With the help of this IVR menu, you will easily find the info to connect to a live person at Southwest Airlines.
- Afterward, press the ideal key and connect with Southwest customer service.
- Now, you need to share your booking info and request a cancellation.
- As soon as the representative receives your cancellation request, you will get a notification from Southwest about the confirmation of your ticket cancellation.
Southwest Airlines Flight Cancellation at the Airport
Yes, you can also cancel your Southwest Airlines flight at the airport. If you want to know about the proven steps which can assist you in cancelling your Southwest Airlines flight, then here are the handy steps that you need to follow:
- You need to first reach out to the airport at least ten minutes before the scheduled Southwest flight departure.
- After that, you have to contact the representative at the helpdesk.
- Provide the information needed to make the cancellation, and soon, you will get the confirmation of your flight cancellation.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Fee
Did you cancel your Southwest flight? Are you looking to get the exact numbers of Southwest cancellation fees? If yes, then have a look at the information which you are searching for:
- USD 200 for the “Wanna Get Away” travel fare.
- Pay USD 150 for “Any Time” travel fare.
- USD 125 for “Business Select” travel fare.
It would be best to communicate with customer service to get the exact number of cancellation fees based on your travel destination and fare.
Southwest Airlines Refund Tickets Policy
Among the finest airline cancellation policies are those at Southwest Airlines and a refund policy that is designed to protect the interests of customers and make them aware of the fees that airlines may charge against them if they do not cancel their flights.
We recommend that customers read this Southwest refund policy so that they can comprehend the refund charge.
- No refunds will be given for any of the tickets purchased. It all depends on the sort of fare you’ve paid for.
- As long as they are returned within one year of the issuance date, travelers can use unredeemed refundable tickets for future travel without restrictions.
- Travelers will be issued with the qualifying refund by the original payment method.
- As long as you paid for the ticket using a credit card, your refund will be refunded to that same card.
- You will get a refund on your original debit or credit card within seven business days of your request.
This is how you may get your money back from Southwest Airlines. Well, in some circumstances, you may be able to change your flight. A large number of passengers have contacted southwest customer service about this. You can visit the website to clarify any questions regarding refund flight tickets or policy.
How to Apply for a Refund from Southwest Airlines?
If you have already canceled your Southwest Airlines booking and are now looking to get a refund, then check the most-recommended methodologies given below:
Online Refund Process
- To get your refund via an online method, you have first to open its registered website on your device.
- Next, you need to sign in to your verified Southwest account.
- After that, you have to reach out to the “Manage Reservation” page.
- Then, you need to type the details of your canceled Southwest ticket.
- After you get your hands on the canceled Southwest ticket, click on it.
- Now, you need to go to the bottom of the page.
- Here, you will find the refund button.
- Press on it and follow the guidelines to complete the online refund process successfully.
Offline Refund Process
- To start the offline refund process, you need to call the customer service of Southwest Airlines.
- You need to dial its regional helpline number based on your language.
- After that, you have to share your canceled Southwest Airlines ticket information.
- Next, you need to request a refund.
You will receive your refund from Southwest Airlines within a week. But, you may have to wait for more days if you have purchased the ticket via cash or cheque.
Eligibility Criteria for Southwest Airlines Refund
Are you willing to know about the eligibility criteria for Southwest Airlines refund? If yes, then you need to check the points mentioned below:
- If you have a Southwest ticket of Business Select or AnyTime travel class, you will be eligible to get a refund.
- Also, if you have reached the airport ten minutes before the scheduled Southwest Airlines flight departure, you will get a refund for your canceled ticket.
- You will not get a refund for the “Wanna Get Away” travel fare. But you will receive a credit that you can use for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
What is Southwest Airlines No-Show Policy?
Are you seeking to know the essential terms of the Southwest No-Show Policy? If yes, then you should go through the information described below carefully:
- If you are a passenger who holds a Southwest “Wanna Get Away” flight ticket and cancel it before 10 minutes of the scheduled departure, then you are not on the no-show list. But, if you don’t cancel it, you will be considered a no-show, and ticket money will be completely deducted.
- The no-show policy of Southwest Airlines “Anytime” and “Business Select” travel classes is different from the “Wanna Get Away” travel class.
- If you have Southwest Airlines “Anytime” and “Business Select” travel class, your ticket money will be converted into travel credits that you can use in your future flight booking with Southwest.
- All the transferred or converted travel points are credited back to your Southwest Rapid Rewards point.
How Can I Cancel Southwest Wanna Get Away Flight Tickets?
As we all know, Southwest Airlines is a well-known low-cost airline company in the world. With this specific airline company, you will surely get the most affordable aviation services to its global passengers. Southwest Wanna Get Away Flight is the cheapest travel fare in its arsenal.
So, suppose you are among the passengers who want to know the complete information about cancelling Wanna Get Away flight tickets of Southwest Airlines. In that case, you should go check out the below-mentioned information carefully:
- According to the Southwest cancellation policy, Wanna Get Away flight tickets are non-refundable, but you can reuse them.
- Passengers can cancel their Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away flight ticket 10 minutes before the scheduled departure and later reuse it for future travel.
- Also, when you cancel your ticket, you need to use it within one year of your ticket purchase date.
How Can I Cancel Southwest Anytime, Business Select & Senior Tickets?
After Wanna Get Away flight cancellation, let’s get into the cancellation of Southwest Airlines Anytime, Business Select, and Senior tickets. Below is the important information that will provide you with all the details in the best possible way:
- Anytime and Business Select are the most costlier travel fares in the arsenal of Southwest Airlines.
- If you cancel your Southwest Airlines Business Select, Anytime, and senior tickets, then you will receive a 100% refund from Southwest Airlines.
- Southwest Airlines cancel and refund are only applicable to ticket buyers via Rapid Reward points or cash.
Southwest Airlines Compensation for Delays & Cancellations
If Southwest Airlines cancels your flight ticket, then you will indeed be eligible to get compensation. Not only because of the self-cancellation but also the flight delay can lead you to receive compensation from Southwest Airlines.
There are some certain points which you need to know about the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy for compensation. Here are the points which will explain it to you in brief:
- If you are a passenger who will travel less than 1500 km, but Southwest Airlines cancels your ticket, you will receive a compensation of USD 325.
- The cancellation is made by Southwest Airlines for the flight which is traveling more than 1500 km but less than 3500 km; then, you will get a compensation of USD 475.
- Southwest Airlines will compensate you USD 725 for the cancellation of the flight that needs to travel more than 3500 km.
NOTE: During the time of delay, if you are at the airport, you are allowed to raise a request for compensatory services. It includes refreshments and food. You can consult the airport official to get the required assistance instantly.
What is Southwest Airlines Cancellation policy for the tickets paid via gift cards and companion passes?
We all know that we purchase Southwest Airlines flight tickets via cash or card. If we cancel Southwest Airlines flight tickets purchased via cash or card, the standard cancellation policy will apply to it.
But, if you purchase your Southwest flight ticket via gift cards and companion pass, then there is a specific Southwest Airlines cancellation policy that you need to know. Below are the terms which will explain it to you briefly:
- For the scenario of a companion pass, you are allowed to cancel your flight ticket. After the flight cancellation, you need to pay the taxes and receive the refund in the form of your original payment.
- If you are among Southwest Airlines passengers who purchased your flight ticket via gift cards, then you need to know that these flight tickets are not refundable. Your refunds will be converted into travel funds that you later reuse for future travel.
- You need to connect with the customer service of Southwest Airlines for the cancellation of the flight tickets that you purchased via gift card.
- Gift cards and companion passes can help you save your money.
The customer service representatives of Southwest Airlines are all-time available to help and guide you with the cancellation. You only need to dial Southwest Airlines phone number to connect with its live person and get the needed help.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation FAQs
See More Southwest Airlines Related Links
- What are Southwest Airlines $29 flights?
- Southwest Flight Change Policy
- How do I Get a Human on Southwest Airlines?
- Southwest Flight Delay Compensation
- How to Book Multi-City Flights On Southwest?
- Southwest Airlines Last Minute Deals
- What are the Cheapest Days to Fly on Southwest
- Southwest Seat Selection
See More Airlines Cancellation Links
Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy
Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
Volaris Cancellation Policy