Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy, Refund, Fee
Canceling your flight at the last minute might be aggravating if you are unfamiliar with the proper cancellation procedure. It goes without saying that travel arrangements and airlines are subject to change at any time. However, while we have no control over the situation, we do have control over the cancellation! To save time and money, we recommend reading the whole Spirit Airlines cancellation policy.
Spirit Airlines has two distinct cancellation procedures based on the route selected by the customer. As a result, the cost of canceling an international flight is greater than canceling a local flight. For further information, passengers should contact airline customer service.
Read the Related Article: How to Make Spirit Airlines Reservations Online?
Get Your Tickets Cancelled with Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
Let’s take a closer look at what spirit airlines cancellation policy entails:
- Last-minute cancellations are charged according to the spirit airlines cancellation policy.
- There is no cancellation charge for weather-related cancellations.
- Passengers do not have to pay anything if they cancel their flight 24 hours or a week before the scheduled departure time.
- If Spirit Airlines cancels flights today, the airline will give free lodging to Flyers ( on the same day of your journey).
- Passengers who purchased non-refundable tickets will be charged cancellation fees once the risk-free period has passed.
- After the departure, all travelers with basic tickets must pay the entire ticket price as cancellation fees.
- Passengers do not have to pay the spirit cancellation fee if they cancel for any following circumstances.
- Passport Theft Illness
- Orders from the military or the courts
- Relatives’ Deaths
- Government directives
How to Cancel a Spirit Airlines Flight?
Are you here to find out the methods that can help you to cancel a Spirit Airlines Flight? If yes, then you need to look at the recommended procedures described below:
Spirit Airlines Flight Cancellation Via Online Method,
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Spirit Airlines https://www.spirit.com/.
- Secondly, you have to type your login details to sign into your verified account.
- Afterward, you should tap on the “My Trips” section.
- Here, you need to enter your Spirit flight PNR number and last name to search for your booking.
- After you find your Spirit booking, you need to open it and find the “Edit” icon.
- Press the “Edit” icon and then scroll down.
- Below, you will find the “Cancel” icon. Tap on it to cancel your flight instantly.
Spirit Flight Cancellation Via Offline Method,
- Firstly, dial 855-728-3555 or +1-860-590-8822 Spirit Airlines phone number.
- Secondly, listen to the Spirit IVR commands.
- Afterward, you need to follow the computerised IVR commands.
- Press the right key to connect with the Spirit live representative.
- When you finally get associated with its representative, you must provide your Spirit flight details and request the cancellation.
What is Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy?
The Spirit Airlines Cancellation costs USD 90, as per their policy. The price, however, varies based on the cancellation mechanism, which includes the following:
- The cancellation charge for tickets canceled at the airport or via phone can reach $100.
- Furthermore, the cost may fluctuate based on the trip route.
As a result, you should be fully informed of Spirit Airlines Cancellation costs before canceling your reservation. If a passenger has any questions, they may contact an airline agent using the communication methods provided on their website.
Spirit Airlines 24-Hour Cancellations
If you are willing to make Spirit Airlines 24-Hour Cancellations, then you must first learn about its special 24-hour cancellation policy. Below are the important terms that will help you understand the complete policy briefly:
- As per Spirit Airline 24 hour cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their flight ticket for free within 24 hours of booking.
- Within a day of booking, Spirit doesn’t let you spend any extra money on the flight cancellation.
- But, if you don’t make a Spirit 24-hour cancellation, then you need to pay cancellation fees.
- If you wish to know more about this special policy of Spirit Airlines, you can also speak with a live person at Spirit by calling at Spirit Airlines phone number.
Spirit Cancellation Fee
Spirit Cancellation Fee is divided into three different segments. But before that, you should check the table mentioned below, which will give you a proper idea of its cancellation fee.
|Days before departure||Cancellation Fee|
|7 to 59 days||$49|
|3 to 6 days||$79|
|2 days or less||$99|
Let’s get into the cancellation fees for the three different segments. Look at the details added below:
- Spirit Airlines Standard Ticket
- Spirit Flight Flex Ticket
- Spirit Airlines Award Ticket
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fee for the Standard Ticket
If you have the standard ticket from Spirit Airlines and want to cancel your ticket online, then you need to pay 90 USD as a Spirit cancellation fee. But, if you are going with the offline method, 100 USD will be the cancellation charge.
Spirit Cancellation Fee for the Flight Flex Ticket
If you have the Flight Flex Ticket of Spirit Airlines and want to cancel your ticket via online method, then you need to pay 90 USD as a Spirit cancellation fee. But, if you are going with the offline method, then 100 USD will be the cancellation charge.
Spirit Cancellation Fees for the Award Ticket
For the Spirit award ticket owner, the Spirit cancellation fees are zero within 24 hours of booking. But after the risk-free period, you need to pay 110 USD.
Where can I find information on the status of my flight?
If you wish to check the status of Spirit Airlines canceled flights today, go to Flight Status, input the flight date and city pairings, and then click Check Status. There will be a list of all planned flights for that day. Check our check-in guidelines to make sure you don’t miss your flight.
Spirit Airlines Cancelled my Flight; What To Do?
Is it possible that your Spirit flight has been canceled? Under federal law, you are entitled to a full refund if your flight is canceled by the airline and you are rebooked on a later date or if you opt not to fly. Instead of complete reimbursements, airlines frequently provide travel credits or vouchers, which are generally good for one year.
Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
Passengers are subject to some cancellation costs. Passengers can receive a refund for cancelled Spirit Airlines tickets using the spirit airlines refund policy. If tickets are canceled within 24 hours of the date of booking, passengers have the right to free adjustments or cancellations.
For flights to remote destinations, if a customer cancels a booking within 24 hours or less than seven days before travel, the traveler will be charged a cancellation fee. The airline will return the remaining cash to the travelers’ bank account to buy the flight tickets.
Important Takeaways From Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
- If you cancel a flight within 24 hours or seven days of its scheduled departure, Spirit Airlines will give you a full refund with no cancellation charge.
- If you believe Spirit Airlines will return your tickets after the 24-hour grace period, your ticket must be canceled, and the airline will provide you a full refund (excluding cancellation fees and taxes).
- Within 20 business days after receiving a refund request, returns will be handled. On the other hand, the days may differ based on the form of payment used to acquire the ticket.
- Furthermore, most airlines provide a full refund if a flight ticket is cancelled on the airline’s behalf due to any technical or weather issues.
How to Get a Refund of Spirit Airlines?
- Go to Spirit Airlines’ official website and select Manage My Booking. You will be able to find your flight bookings.
- Request a refund by clicking the button. You will be prompted to enter some ticket-related information.
- Your last name should enter first, followed by your flight reservation number.
- Next should be selected. Your request will be handled further if your ticket is refundable.
- You can simply find out if Spirit is refunding cancelled flights by utilizing the tools listed below.
If you have any more questions concerning the booking regulations, you may contact the spirit airlines refund number.
Spirit Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation
If you are among the passengers who are on the Spirit Airlines flight, which is going to depart from the European Union (EU), is cancelled, then it will be covered under EC 261 law. To get the information related to the EC 261 law, below are the points that you need to know:
- Spirit flight cancellations will be announced less than 14 days before the scheduled departure.
- If the flight delay was more than 3 hours.
Look at the information about the Spirit Cancelled Flight Compensation:
- Spirit Airlines offers compensation of EUR 250 per passenger for a flight less than 1500 kms.
- If your flight is within the EU and exceeds 1500 kms, then you will get the compensation of EUR 400 per passenger.
- If your flight is non-internal EU and between 1,500 – 3,500 kms, then you will get a compensation of EUR 400 per passenger.
- Spirit Airlines offers compensation of EUR 600 per passenger for non-internal EU Spirit flights exceeding 3,500 km.
Get a Refund from Spirit Airlines for COVID 19
For travelers who have booked a Spirit flight during a pandemic and are wondering how they may receive a refund, go here. They’ll be overjoyed to learn that the airline allows them to cancel their reservation and request a refund. But for that, you need to call the spirit airlines refund number.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation FAQs
See More Related Post Below
- Spirit Airlines Refund Policy
- How to Change Spirit Airlines Tickets?
- How do I Speak to a Live Person at Spirit Airlines?
- Spirit Airlines Check-In Process
- How Can I book a Multi-city Spirit Airlines Vacation Package?
- Unaccompanied Minors on Spirit Airlines
- Spirit Airlines Group Travel Booking
- What happens if you miss your Spirit flight?
- Spirit Airlines Delay Policy
- Spirit Airlines Pet Travel Policy