Allegiant Air Pet Policy : It’s never easy to leave your pet alone for an extended period of time, and this becomes more difficult when traveling outside of the city by plane, as most airlines do not allow pets to fly in a cabin.
Passengers who have booked a ticket with Allegiant Air, on the other hand, are allowed to fly with their dogs. However, it would help to familiarize yourself with Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy before booking your travel because there are some limits and requirements.
About Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Air is an US based airline that flies both scheduled and chartered flights, and Nevada is home to the company’s headquarters.
Allegiant Air concentrates on leisure passengers moving from northern climes to warmer areas and targets smaller cities with minimal passenger aircraft options. The airline has a lower flight frequency and carries fewer business class customers.
Allegiant Air Pet Policy
On in-cabin flights, Allegiant allows pets. However, the owner must transport their pets in an FAA-approved container that fits beneath the seat. Passengers with pets are not allowed to sit in a row on the exit aisle or in front of or behind it. On flights between Hawaii and the United States, pets are not permitted.
Points to Consider
- No more than two pets per carrier.
- Your pet must travel in a ventilated container.
- You cannot remove your pet from its container during the trip.
- To bring a pet on board, passengers must be at least 15 years old.
In-Cabin Pet Policy
You’ll need an airline-approved pet carrier if your small dog or cat satisfies the standards mentioned in Allegiant Air’s Pet Regulations. Carriers must have a waterproof floor, enough room for pets to stand and turn around, and have enough ventilation.
- Only domestic dogs and cats.
- All animals must be odorless, harmless, and non-disruptive.
- Animals cannot be sick, aggressive, or in pain.
Pet Carrier Requirements
- Flyers must transport their pets in a leak-proof enclosed soft-sided or hard-sided container.
- A soft-sided carrier.
- The container must not exceed 9″H x 16″W x 19″ D in size.
- The pet(s) must be able to fit comfortably in the carrier and must not protrude from it.
- There should be no more than two pets per carrier.
Pet traveling Fee
All pets will be charged a non-refundable cost of $50.00 per segment per carrier. The Pet owner must pay this cost at the time your reservation is made.
Pet Traveling Rules
- Only one pet carrier is allowed per paying tourist.
- At least eight (8) weeks of age is required for all animals.
- Pets must be entirely contained in the carrier and only handled by the traveler while onboard the airplane at the airport terminal.
- If a passenger does not follow the rules, the airline may refuse the boarding of the passenger’s pet on subsequent flights.
Passengers flying with pets must check in with an Allegiant employee at the ticket station or gate desk at least one hour before departure to ensure that their dogs and pet carriers meet the following requirements.
- Allegiant does not allow pets to travel in the cargo bin.
- There is no need for a health certificate.
- Allegiant takes no liability for the health and safety of dogs in cabins.
- For more information about clearing TSA security, go to TSA.gov.
- Passengers who fail to follow the instructions mentioned above may be denied boarding.
Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy: Service Animals
- Dogs that have been individually trained to do chores or jobs for people with impairments are only calculated under service animals regardless of the breed.
- Allegiant needs a US Department of Transportation Animal Air Transport Form at least 48 hours before scheduled departure to travel with properly trained service animals.
- Passengers flying with a Service Animal are allowed to sit anywhere they like as long as the Service Animal does not block an aisle or other area that must remain clear in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- The airline does not give Service animals permission to sit in a passenger seat.
- As of January 202, the airline is not accepting Emotional Support and Comfort Animals.
Allegiant Air Pet Policy Restrictions:
- The carry-on luggage limits do not include a pet carrier, and excess luggage will incur an extra fee.
- The airline does not give permission to Pets flying to or from Hawaii unless they are assistance dogs who meet Hawaii’s pet import requirements.
How strict is Allegiant with pet carriers?
For dogs flying in the cabin, carriers must be no more than 22 cm x 40 cm x 48 cm in size. However, their owner should carry them in a leak-proof, and soft-sided carrier. Pets should be able to stand and turn around once inside their carrier.
Does Allegiant measure pet carriers?
Before accepting a pet carrier, the customer care person will evaluate it to see whether there is enough room in the carrier for your pet or dogs. The pet carrier’s exterior dimensions must not exceed 9 x 16 x 19 inches in order to fit beneath the seat (H x W x D).
Does Allegiant allow big dogs?
Regardless of their size or weight, you can bring guide dogs. Pets traveling in the cabin do not require a health certificate.
Can I take a cat on Allegiant?
Domestic dogs and cats have permission to ride in the cabin along with you on Allegiant. For further details, visit the Allegiant in-Cabin Pet policy page.