Spirit Airlines Pet Policy
Are you planning a vacation to the United States? If you’re traveling with Spirit Airlines, you might be permitted to bring your dog along. However, there are several spirit airlines pet restrictions and spirit airlines dog policy to consider before purchasing a ticket for your pet dog. Continue reading to learn all you need to know about traveling with dogs on Spirit Airlines. But first, let’s go through spirit airlines pet travel policy and How Much Does Spirit Airlines Charge for Pets.
You may easily purchase an airline ticket for your pet, but you must instantly understand the pet rules based on the peak or off-season. You may reserve a flight ticket for your pet with a flexible timetable, and the odds of finding low-cost airline travel with your pet are higher with Spirit Airlines.
Spirit Airlines is based in Miramar, Florida, part of the Miami metro region. Spirit flies throughout the United States and Mexico, the Caribbean Sea, and Latin America. The Caribbean, Bahamas, and Latin America account for more than half of the flights.
Spirit Airlines Pet Travel Policy
The airline charges a price to carry small pets (domestic dogs, cats, and small home birds) in the customer cabin. Spirit Airlines does not transport pets in cargo. However, to reserve the requisite transportation space in airline inventory, the owner must pay pet costs at the time of reservation. Exotic pets like reptiles, spiders, and rodents aren’t allowed.
You must exhibit your dog for security checking before continuing to the boarding gate since pets are considered one-plus-one carry-on luggage. Of course, as this excellent T.S.A. advice on flying with dogs says, do not put your dog through the X-ray tunnel.
Only the following pets are permitted to travel with Spirit:
- Domestic cats
- Domestic dogs
- Small domestic rabbits (except to/from Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I.)
- Small household birds (except to/from Puerto Rico and the U.S.V.I. )
Puppies and kittens must be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before acceptance.
Spirit Airlines Pets Travel Requirements
- Your pet must travel in a ventilated container.
- The airline will not remove your pet from its container during the trip.
- The travel container for your pet is considered carry-on luggage and will be charged a cost.
- Your pet must be tidy, non-offensive, and undemanding of attention from people around you.
Pets in the Cabin
Spirit Airlines allows small pets (dogs, cats, and house birds) in the cabin on domestic flights if the total weight of the creature and carrier is less than 40 pounds (18 kg). Dogs and cats are allowed in the cabin on flights to or from the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, or St. Thomas, but not birds. International planes, however, do not allow dogs in the cabin as per spirit airlines dog policy.
Pets in Checked Baggage
Spirit Airways does not transport dogs as checked luggage or cargo due to the severe temperatures found in cargo facilities.
Spirit Airlines Pet Check-in
Check-in is available at the ticket desk for those traveling with pets. Curbside or self-service check-in is not available at this time. Please allow extra time for check-in beyond the standard check-in criteria.
Spirit Airlines Pet Booking: Step-by-Step Procedure
- Firstly, go to the booking website and select the pet booking link.
- Check the round trip button, then fill in the appropriate fields with the correct date and time.
- After choosing a flight then you may select a pet cabin and check the pricing based on the pet’s weight.
- In the cabin or cargo hold of such a trip, you can choose a room or cabin for your pet.
- However, if you make an error or cannot self-book, you may always call the airline reservation phone number for immediate assistance in obtaining a flight ticket for your pet, following the rules.
Spirit Airlines Approved Pet Carrier
The owner must keep the pet in a container that Spirit can check and approve. However, you must consider the spirit airlines approved pet carrier dimensions must not exceed 18 x 14 x 9 inches, and it must fit beneath the seat. The pet will be considered one plus one piece of carry-on luggage. Only soft containers are permitted in the cabin, but not those that enable the pet’s head to remain outside. Ascertain that the container meets all government regulations for safe shipment.
Dogs on Spirit Airlines for International Travel
Spirit Airlines does not allow animals on foreign flights except for assistance animals.
Specific documents regarding the service animal may be necessary depending on the overseas destination. Please call Spirit airlines Phone number at 1 860 590 8822, and one of our representatives will gladly verify destination rules for you.
You must present the dogs on spirit airlines for screening to the security checkpoint screeners.
Spirit Airlines Pet Policy FAQs
See More Related Post Below
- Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
- How to Change Spirit Airlines Tickets?
- Spirit Airlines Group Travel
- How do I Speak to a Live Person at Spirit Airlines?
- Spirit Airlines Missed Flight
- How do I Book Multi City Flights on Spirit Airlines?
- Does Spirit Airlines charge for unaccompanied minors
- How to Get Spirit Flight Delay Compensation
- Spirit Airlines Check-In
- How to Make Spirit Airlines Booking Online?